• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this pointless?

Hele

Warren Veteran
I have 2 neutered male buns. They were the best of friends but had a bit of a scrap so split, they are brothers and still seem to love each other. I have now tried twice to rebond them but both times have ended in a scrap (although no injuries).

Is this them telling me to give up???

Both bonding attempts have started out wonderfully well, the first time was most likely our fault as my boyfriend somehow misunderstood my instruction for 'complete calm and quiet' and accidentally got them a bit too excited leading to humping, circling and scrapping. The second time (a week later) they were happy for over an hour and ridiculously cute together until Thor annoyed Loki and all hell broke loose.

I'm just really confused, if they'd simply fought I'd have no qualms separating them for good and setting up suitable accomodation for more buns. But... Well look at how cute they were together in the bath just now. (before the fight)

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums...D-8449-91983A281E09-1472-00000353706F2274.mp4. Clicky for cute vid :)

20460958-7E1B-47E4-9D18-EBB4AFABEBDF-1472-0000035EE687248F.jpg

(sorry about the size of the pic, I'll fix when I'm on my laptop)

The fight tonight was soooo stupid, Loki was flopped out, photo above :love: and Thor hopped over and ate the hay from under his foot :roll: Loki took umbrage and jumped up with a snarl. They sat next to each other nose to tail for a minute or so and I left them thinking that they'd sort it out but no. It turned into a flying circle of fur, no fur was pulled and no blood but they were lying on their sides kicking at each other which I have read is a bad sign so they are now back in their adjoining pens :(

Should I give up? Should I try again? I followed the small neutral space thing with nothing to fight over ect ect... Im not sure what to do next :cry:

Last edited:
Sorry, I have no experience with bonding but just wanted to say that they do look very sweet and happy together in the video. :love::love::love::love:

It seems to me that there would always be something to start off a fight, I could be wrong but with boys especially if they have fought a couple of times you can almost bet that they will do it again.

I hope my boys won't fight again. They were the same but I have bonded them again but its taken me two months. They have been back together since saturday though and so far *touch wood* they have had no scraps. I had to re bond them really slowly though only letting them together for a bit each day an increasing this each day until they built up that trust again. I had the same thing where they were so happy one minute and arguing the next. Its up to you really if you want to try again. How old are they? Mine seemed fine together for a year and a half then just fell out one day.

Back