• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advise needed

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
I have two neutered male outdoor rabbits Brownie and Buster. Brownie is the dominant rabbit.

This morning i was out in the garden when all of a sudden Buster nipped Brownies back leg. There was no provication for it. Brownie was just sat there. I have checked and there is no wound or bleeding. Also checked the hutch and their two runs and there are no signs of blood or pulled fur anywhere.

Do i need to think about seperating them or just keep an eye on them.

Any advice welcome.

I would keep an eye on them for a bit. My two boys fell out and I have just managed to rebond them. If they start really fighting and you notice fur around then I would split them and try and rebond but I wouldnt split them unless its realy necessary.

Thank you

Kept an eye on them today and so did my neighbour when i was out (came back and she's given them some herbs she'd grown, She loves them to bits).
No signs of anymore aggression. But will watch them more closely from now on.

I have 2 girls (true sisters), both spayed. Coco will - without provocation - grunt at Thumper and chase her around the garden, trying to bite her. Occasionally she will manage to grab a huge lump of fur out of her backside (luckily it is only fur).

Seconds later, they're happy as Larry (whoever Larry is).

Just asserting dominance, most likely.

Hopefully neither sets will actually 'fall out' - I for one can't afford the space for another hutch so I sincerely hope that it's just sibling quarrels.

keep an eye on them. my brother hazel and me flopsy used to fight a lot, jumping up catching fur so our owner seperated us and hazel had an operation where they took out some hormone in him that was making him aggresive.

Back