• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

flooring help

lucy24

Mama Doe
what can i put as floor in run? i need to get it sorted by end of next week! cant uses slabs as there to expensive and i cant lay them. turf will just get muddy surely? bark? HELP:shock:

I've been doing some searching around this as being a new bunny owner I thought turf would be best for a run. it's now a soggy, muddy mess
:(

It appears that bark is ok as long as it's not treated so unless someone can tell us otherwise, that's going to be my new plan

Look on gumtree for slabs, they are usually some for cheap, then just lay them on top of the grass....ok there will be weeds come through but better than a soggy mess?

Well the only thing with turf is that unless its a moveable run it will be impossible to keep clean. What is the surface currently? I would personally go with slabs or concrete that should you ever need to you can wash it down and bleach it etc (since mine have some mystery bug I'm very conscious that I need to be able to do that on a regular basis). The other thing with turf is that if its on soil they will be able to burrow out/ predators can burrow in, so you would either need to sink the run in quite deep or have wire laid under or over the turf to prevent that.

Back