• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pixie-the failed trio's set-up

Janey

Warren Veteran
I have previously posted about my failed trio and the stresses of splitting a room so I can house them all. As a reslt of the stresses (and the fact I didn't know how it would turn out) I haven't really properly introduced Pixie as being a part of the family, I am now *hopeful* I have a set-up that works so she can stay for good. It's not ideal because she is still alone but I am hoping she is in a better situation than she was previous to me having her (in a garden alone), because at least she has bunnies she can see 24/7 and has me also. So....Pixie in h set-up that will hopefully work long-term (it has been about 3 weeks so fingers crossed).

d6b2cd18872f879dd1ccece70d64a90f.jpg

967f920df9456096b8aa853ea359bdce.jpg

c3c19166159e7513b11c89c73a3534a1.jpg

0a75e77774f2f1ee5c318df6808d33e7.jpg

:love: she's lovely :love: much better than sitting in the garden hutch on her own! At least she can get loads of human interaction too :love:

How are they regarding seeing each other? If they haven't tried to get to each other (aggressively I mean) that's lovely for her to have some company :love:

:love: she's lovely :love: much better than sitting in the garden hutch on her own! At least she can get loads of human interaction too :love:

How are they regarding seeing each other? If they haven't tried to get to each other (aggressively I mean) that's lovely for her to have some company :love:

Thank you.

At the beginning Poppy was quite aggressive with her through the bars but I haven't had any real problems for a couple of weeks. I've seen both Poppy and Peter lying next to Pixie (obviously with the bars inbetween). The main issue was Poppy weeing next to the divide but that seems to be calming down and doesn't happen everyday now whereas before it was happening several times a day :roll:

What a sweetie!! :) and what a lovely set up for her, It looks as though her life will be happy from now on :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, how did this thread pop up? :lol:

It's got my darling Poppy in it :love::cry:

Seems like a long long time ago :(

It was on my home page...I use tap talk for my mobile and it was one of the stories....and I though how cute your bunny looked so I commented....it was only later I realised it was a thread from a year ago!! :eek: ....I'm fairly new and keep doing this ....commenting and then realising they are old threads :) lol

I just read your profile....I'm so sorry to read since this post Poppy has gone to rainbow bridge :'( I didn't mean to bring up any painful memories...hugs x

I just read your profile....I'm so sorry to read since this post Poppy has gone to rainbow bridge :'( I didn't mean to bring up any painful memories...hugs x

Awwwww thank you. Don't apologise at all, it is lovely to see a post appear with her on, brings back happy memories. Although the failed trio bonding and splitting of the room was all a bit of a fiasco, Poppy wasn't having any of it-ha ha. She was one strong willed bunny who ruled the roost to the very end!!

Awww bless her, she looked one happy bunny and so cute :). I keep a picture of my baby bunny Bella on my phone, she was only 16 weeks when we lost her and although it's painful to see her, it's also lovely to be reminded how lovely she was :)

Last edited:
Awww bless her, she looked one happy bunny and so cute :). I keep a picture of my baby bunny Bella on my phone, she was only 16 weeks when we lost her and although it's painful to see her, it's also lovely to be reminded how lovely she was :)

Awwww, sorry to hear you lost Bella when she was still so young, I love the name Bella.

I still have a picture if Poppy as my phone screen saver, still cant quite bring myself to change it. I agree, the reminder is lovely and after a while you start to have happy memories rather than just be sad.

Thank you Janey....Bella's my screen saver too :) though we only lost her in September so still very raw :( she was the smallest of three siblings we got from a friend (Boo and Reuben who are now healthy strong 8mth olds) there was a pasturella outbreak up in the area they came from when we collected them, and although they were all fine we did find she had a little bit of a snuffly nose, kept doing little sneezes, but within a week it was gone, then when they got to 16 weeks because they were two girls and a boy living together, we booked them all in to be 'done'...our other two house bunnies were done at the same age. But unfortunately poor little Bella arrested after the surgery in recovery, two vets and the head nurse gave her CPR to save her, she came back, but she was semiconscious ....our vet who is the kindest person I know wanted to give her any chance possible and also knew how we would be devastated ifthe outcome wasn't good...we sat up with her all night nursing her, took back to the vet for fluids etc next day, but sadly that night she arrested again and died in our arms :'( we think she'd suffered brain damage from the original arrest so although it was probably for the best ....it was utterly devastating ....she was the funniest, most mischievous little bunny and it was heartbreaking to think she'd gone, we miss her so much. They think she must have developed a heart defect from the slight pasturella infection she may have had previously and though she was fine under normal circumstances, coming round from the GA was probably too much for her little heart to cope with....I still blame myself for taking her to be done....if only if know about the affects of infections, and realised because she was small there was probably more of risk I would never have taken her....that's something I'll always regret and have to live with :( ...her brother and sister pined for ages for her as they were so so close, where one went the others did...usually Bella leading, she was the bravest of the three :) it's wonderful isn't it how these adorable little companions come to me so much to us and give us so much pleasure to watch...but so sad when we have to say goodbye to one :(( .

Thank you Janey....Bella's my screen saver too :) though we only lost her in September so still very raw :( she was the smallest of three siblings we got from a friend (Boo and Reuben who are now healthy strong 8mth olds) there was a pasturella outbreak up in the area they came from when we collected them, and although they were all fine we did find she had a little bit of a snuffly nose, kept doing little sneezes, but within a week it was gone, then when they got to 16 weeks because they were two girls and a boy living together, we booked them all in to be 'done'...our other two house bunnies were done at the same age. But unfortunately poor little Bella arrested after the surgery in recovery, two vets and the head nurse gave her CPR to save her, she came back, but she was semiconscious ....our vet who is the kindest person I know wanted to give her any chance possible and also knew how we would be devastated ifthe outcome wasn't good...we sat up with her all night nursing her, took back to the vet for fluids etc next day, but sadly that night she arrested again and died in our arms :'( we think she'd suffered brain damage from the original arrest so although it was probably for the best ....it was utterly devastating ....she was the funniest, most mischievous little bunny and it was heartbreaking to think she'd gone, we miss her so much. They think she must have developed a heart defect from the slight pasturella infection she may have had previously and though she was fine under normal circumstances, coming round from the GA was probably too much for her little heart to cope with....I still blame myself for taking her to be done....if only if know about the affects of infections, and realised because she was small there was probably more of risk I would never have taken her....that's something I'll always regret and have to live with :( ...her brother and sister pined for ages for her as they were so so close, where one went the others did...usually Bella leading, she was the bravest of the three :) it's wonderful isn't it how these adorable little companions come to me so much to us and give us so much pleasure to watch...but so sad when we have to say goodbye to one :(( .

Awwww, I'm sorry to hear Bella's story, she sounds like such a character and you can at least live knowing that even though she was only with you a short time, her time with you was happy. You shoudlnt blame yourself, you weren't to know she was too poorly to survive the anaesthetic, if you hadn't had her spayed she may not have been able to live with her siblings and that wouldn't have been a happy life for her.

It is wonderful how they come to mean so much, but they also cause so much stress and worry, if I had a penny for every minute I have spent worrying about my animals (especially bunnies), I would be a very rich person :lol:

My Poppy died at the vets, we think from heart failure, she was a dental bun and was often 'off', I thought it was just another episode where she would stay in for a couple of days and she'd be better and back to her normal cheeky self. When my phone rang at 6:30 on a Saturday morning I knew it wasn't good news. Like you I wish I had done things differently, I will never forgive myself that she wasn't at home and I wasn't with her and I really didn't get to say goodbye to her, but you can't change things sadly :cry:

Last edited:
Awwww, I'm sorry to hear Bella's story, she sounds like such a character and you can at least live knowing that even though she was only with you a short time, her time with you was happy. You shoudlnt blame yourself, you weren't to know she was too poorly to survive the anaesthetic, if you hadn't had her spayed she may not have been able to live with her siblings and that wouldn't have been a happy life for her.

It is wonderful how they come to mean so much, but they also cause so much stress and worry, if I had a penny for every minute I have spent worrying about my animals (especially bunnies), I would be a very rich person :lol:

My Poppy died at the vets, we think from heart failure, she was a dental bun and was often 'off', I thought it was just another episode where she would stay in for a couple of days and she'd be better and back to her normal cheeky self. When my phone rang at 6:30 on a Saturday morning I knew it wasn't good news. Like you I wish I had done things differently, I will never forgive myself that she wasn't at home and I wasn't with her and I really didn't get to say goodbye to her, but you can't change things sadly :cry:

Aww Janey that is so sad too :,( You sound just like me....mad about bunnies and all our animals :) As you said they give us so much, but also cause so much pain :( but the good times out weigh the bad, it's just we remember the bad more :( ....do you still have bunnies and are they house bunnies? :)

Aww Janey that is so sad too :,( You sound just like me....mad about bunnies and all our animals :) As you said they give us so much, but also cause so much pain :( but the good times out weigh the bad, it's just we remember the bad more :( ....do you still have bunnies and are they house bunnies? :)

Yes, the good times do indeed outweigh the bad :D

Yes, I still have Peter and Pixie who are both house buns. I love them to bits and they are both very friendly, however, they are happy to keep themselves to themselves, Poppy liked to keep me company a bit more than they do, they tend to prefer their room than the lounge. As a result I got a kitten to keep me company on the sofa :lol:, he's fast asleep on my knee as I type, its nice to have fluffy company again :D

Aww :) We have two older bunnies beside are two youngsters, our oldest one is a dwarf lop called Smudge, he is coming up for 9 and is the sweetest, friendliest bunny you could wish for and because he was an only house bunny for the first 6 years he became very 'humanised' lol and still prefers to sit by my feet and seek out my company, we love him so so much, we decided when he was 6 to get him a companion and so bought a cute little mini dwarf lop doe Coco, and even though she was a little bossy, because Smudge is so laid back, she and Smudge bonded almost immediately :) she was very nervous of us....but we've had her two years now and she is now becoming more relaxed around us. I still haven't been able to bond the youngsters, Reuben and Boo to Smudge and Coco as Reuben and Coco keep have scraps through the pen bars :)

Back