• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

limited garden space.......

pam1

Young Bun
hi all,

wondered if you could help me? we have a very small garden with limited space to put a massive hutch and run. i was just wondering if anyone has any hutch plans i could look at? my bf is good at diy'ing, and im sure he can make something suitable, i currently have a home made mesh run and 2 wooden hutches. thanks for your help!!

If you had a shed, you could put in a second and a third level to maximise the space being used, and being all-weather it would make the best out of limited space.

How much space exactly do you have, and how many sets of rabbits do you have to house in it?

we do have a shed but it has lawnmower, bikes etc in. i was thinking about the pipe idea? as we could attach the hutchs together and have the run connected through the pipe. i did have one bun but she passed away, was only 8 months old :-( im hoping to get 2 babies tomorrow from a friend. thanks for ur help!!

I second the shed idea...I find hutches take up alot of space for little inside room for the buns really :? We have a small ish back garden and two outdoors pairs of buns and we are moving both into sheds :thumb:

he shed idea is a good1, we'll have to have a better look and see what we can do. the shed idea would b warmer for winter to wouldnt it?

he shed idea is a good1, we'll have to have a better look and see what we can do. the shed idea would b warmer for winter to wouldnt it?

Yes, much less drafty!! :thumb: Plus it gives much more inside space on days when its too nasty to be out in the runs :) (although mine sat out in thick snow last winter!! :roll: )

ETA im looking forward to changing litter trays when its pouring with rain without getting drenched stood next to the hutch!! :roll:

I'm sorry you lost your bunny :( did you get a post mortem done or do you know what she died from? Make sure you bleach all the eqipment before using for new bunnies, in case it could be caught by them.

Yes, a shed would be better in winter for both them and you :)

the vet siad she had a prob with her liver from birth so i didnt know :-( she was beautiful and i really got attached to her. :(:(

Back