• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who's been a naughty boy...??!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Well I never... Who has made this big hole??
95C48A5A-BA5A-4243-8BB1-A4E0C1D3DD6A-50974-000039B59C1F275B.jpg

I really can't imagine who would do such a thing!
70B5AF08-C79F-4CDD-B96F-7CBCA934B4CA-50974-000039B5934574D8.jpg

It really is a dastardly deed...
D918A9BD-3FCF-48FF-B626-E38454CF42CB-50974-000039B5A5B31D25.jpg

Oh erm I think I've been spotted...
5E2995E5-E4F8-421D-84F6-8D02131BCC55-50974-000039B5AE1A3396.jpg

Erm... I'm quite sure it wasn't me...
0E7391C3-EBE3-4532-A4CD-AE55FF1B74EA-50974-000039B5B3867D8A.jpg

Ah the door, now why didn't I think of that earlier...
980BD7B9-2B69-48EE-932E-837F26791956-50974-000039B5B98A1975.jpg

:shock: I think it's time Grayson moved out of the carrier!! Luckily I ordered his new abode today, fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow :roll: Meanwhile let's hope my quick patch up job will keep him contained until then or who knows what he'll get up to!! Poor thing he must be really fed up in there :(

:lol: what have you ordered? :)

Iv ordered a vivarium. It's only a 2ft but can always extend! I'm adding in extra levels etc :thumb: It's this one... http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/r...vivarium-tobbaco-walnut-58-7x37-5x40-5cm.html Was going to make my own cage but by the time I added in the cost of plexiglass and mesh etc I thought I might aswell get this! I will put mesh in the top, I have some mesh from old rabbit hutch I can use :D
Didnt actually order from them even tho it's cheapest, the place I ordered from sounded like faster delivery fingers crossed! Ordered it to work address do really hope it comes today!! Ordered some bits from zoo plus aswell but they sometimes take a couple wks so won't be able to put everything in ace straight away :?

If you want something cheap to add on (I would use ferplast tubes, but make sure they aren't totally vertical, there is a reason but I can't remember.. I read it on hamster central!) the Alaska is a fab syrian size :thumb: I think the minimum is like 75cm, so 84cm is great :D loads of floor space which syrians love :thumb: and only £30 :) If you can add a cage to that would be great then the wheel and everything could go in that and the tank could be toys and digging area :D

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/hamster_cages/hamster_cages/284288

and that's a great price for a saucer! if you haven't got one :)

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/hamster_cages/205037

Last edited:
Where are you based? I have an adapted ikea unit that I turned into a gerbil house with plexiglass on the front....its like on two levels. Now I have made a new home out of storage boxes connected together. You are welcome to have it if you are near and its suitable.

Where are you based? I have an adapted ikea unit that I turned into a gerbil house with plexiglass on the front....its like on two levels. Now I have made a new home out of storage boxes connected together. You are welcome to have it if you are near and its suitable.

That's what I was going to do! Just looked at ur past posts and seen the hamster home using an idea toy box, I was going to do that! Its very kind of u, I actually work in Glossop which is Derbyshire area but iv ordered my viv now! I'm quite limited on space but I was thinking I could get a 2nd viv the same as they r supposedly stackable, then it would have 2 levels. Personally, I know il prob get slated for saying it but iv seen things that say 2x1x1ft is fine for a Syrian. There will be plenty of interest in there for him. Obviously for any animal bigger is always better. How come u didn't keep using the gerbil mansion? I liked it!! How big is it?

If you want something cheap to add on (I would use ferplast tubes, but make sure they aren't totally vertical, there is a reason but I can't remember.. I read it on hamster central!) the Alaska is a fab syrian size :thumb: I think the minimum is like 75cm, so 84cm is great :D loads of floor space which syrians love :thumb: and only £30 :) If you can add a cage to that would be great then the wheel and everything could go in that and the tank could be toys and digging area :D

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/hamster_cages/hamster_cages/284288

and that's a great price for a saucer! if you haven't got one :)

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/hamster_cages/205037

Thanks for ur suggestions :wave: Zooplus is so much cheaper than anywhere else! I actually ended up ordering the Karlie Wonderland 29cm wooden wheel... I really want the cage to look as natural as poss (also why im not keen on the wire cages :roll:) and also the flying saucer would take up too much floor space in the vivarium :? I may get a 2nd viv to put on top to double the space :thumb:

Thanks for ur suggestions :wave: Zooplus is so much cheaper than anywhere else! I actually ended up ordering the Karlie Wonderland 29cm wooden wheel... I really want the cage to look as natural as poss (also why im not keen on the wire cages :roll:) and also the flying saucer would take up too much floor space in the vivarium :? I may get a 2nd viv to put on top to double the space :thumb:

Be careful of ventilation then :wave: Ahhh I wanted a karlie wheel but ended up getting a silent spinner and a saucer! Instead of spending money on somewhat overpriced plastikote for the wheel, you can use non toxic waterproof paint from wilkos, it's about £7 for a large'ish tub but I think you can get smaller :)

As for a second level you could find a ferplast corner shelf on eBay for a decent price :)

Be careful of ventilation then :wave: Ahhh I wanted a karlie wheel but ended up getting a silent spinner and a saucer! Instead of spending money on somewhat overpriced plastikote for the wheel, you can use non toxic waterproof paint from wilkos, it's about £7 for a large'ish tub but I think you can get smaller :)

As for a second level you could find a ferplast corner shelf on eBay for a decent price :)

Thanks :wave: I am planning on putting some diff levels/shelves in anyway. Was thinking of using the bit il have to cut out of the top for the mesh but it's melamine so prob too slippy! Il buy some more stuff later, maybe get a flying saucer to have in a play pen for him! He'll think he's in heaven after being in the carrier anyway it'll seem like a mansion to him! Good point with ventilation if I add a 2nd one, hadn't thought of that, would maybe have to put extra vents in sides. Thankfully iv also ordered a jigsaw (power tool!) haha oh what joy to be a single girl with no dad and no brothers :roll::lol:

:love::love: awwww he's saying ' ohhhhh mummy im so glad you're here, this big um, um, raccoon, yeh, a racoon dressed as spiderman wearing a bandana and spotty scarf.... big hoofs, ahem, it came in and it did this to my cage.....' **runs to door** 'yeh, so he came and did that, I just hid out of the way, im so glad you're here, do you have food with you?'
:lol: so cute!

:love::love: awwww he's saying ' ohhhhh mummy im so glad you're here, this big um, um, raccoon, yeh, a racoon dressed as spiderman wearing a bandana and spotty scarf.... big hoofs, ahem, it came in and it did this to my cage.....' **runs to door** 'yeh, so he came and did that, I just hid out of the way, im so glad you're here, do you have food with you?'
:lol: so cute!

Haha :lol: Ur story (and clearly ur imagination!) is better than mine!! He was funny, his expressions really were like oh my word where did this hole come from?! Not as if he's been working on it for the past 2 days! There's actually 2, 1 on each side!!

Well it doesn't look like my vivarium is arriving today :( It was a long shot really to expect it to, they said they usually dispatch sane day (and I ordered really early yest morn) but it doesn't guarantee next day delivery. I was just hoping!! If it turns up tomorro il have to come to work to get it!! Really wanted it today :(

That's what I was going to do! Just looked at ur past posts and seen the hamster home using an idea toy box, I was going to do that! Its very kind of u, I actually work in Glossop which is Derbyshire area but iv ordered my viv now! I'm quite limited on space but I was thinking I could get a 2nd viv the same as they r supposedly stackable, then it would have 2 levels. Personally, I know il prob get slated for saying it but iv seen things that say 2x1x1ft is fine for a Syrian. There will be plenty of interest in there for him. Obviously for any animal bigger is always better. How come u didn't keep using the gerbil mansion? I liked it!! How big is it?

Its actually another one I have....I have the gerbil mansion but now Sandra is older she couldnt jump up the levels as well. Then I adapted an ikea unit but there wasn't enough space for her to dig and when i opened the front the sawdust kept going all over the floor! So then i got one of those huge storage boxes and cut a hole and got some plumbing pipe and connected to another one for the upstairs bit. That seems to work best for her as she can dig to her hearts content and I can clean her out easier. I'm only in chapel en le frith not far from glossop at all. Do you drive? you are welcome to come and pick it up if you want to. I will take a picture later when i get home from work and post it so you can take a look.

Its actually another one I have....I have the gerbil mansion but now Sandra is older she couldnt jump up the levels as well. Then I adapted an ikea unit but there wasn't enough space for her to dig and when i opened the front the sawdust kept going all over the floor! So then i got one of those huge storage boxes and cut a hole and got some plumbing pipe and connected to another one for the upstairs bit. That seems to work best for her as she can dig to her hearts content and I can clean her out easier. I'm only in chapel en le frith not far from glossop at all. Do you drive? you are welcome to come and pick it up if you want to. I will take a picture later when i get home from work and post it so you can take a look.

Ok I will post a pic later and measurements etc and if you still want it you can take it. You could always sell the vivarium afterwards or keep as a spare.

Well my Zooplus stuff has arrived quicker than expected but I have nothing to put the stuff in! The wheel is mahoosive tho!!! It needs a cage of its own!! :lol:

Back