• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Box/house/base question

Carley

Warren Scout
Hello. My rabbits will be back from bonding in a couple of days and I need to decide what sort of 'base' they will have.

Initially when they get back they will be in a 4x4 ft pen until I expand their space. Then I will attach another pen making an 8x8 enclosure when I am at Uni/school run, sleeping etc. When we are in I hope to fold the pens and have the buns out and about in the whole lounge. I am hoping to use a stair gate on the lounge door but will look in to it.

I have a large cardboard box which is sturdy which I think I may cut some holes in so they have somewhere to hide but I am wondering if I should get something like this?

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/accessories/large_cabings_smallpets/wooden_houses/152471

They will have a large storage box litter tray and I have two free standing hay racks. I already have various toys etc as the buns have been living with me as singletons for quite some time.

Do they need a 'bed' of somesort? Matilda used to curl up in a dog bed but has not bothered since bonding began. I like the look of the tent shaped cat beds like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Size-So...ies_Dogs&var=440053386850&hash=item20c459edac

I have 2 small children so having the buns free range is not an option for everybody/bunnies sake, however I am hoping that in a few years this may change.

I think they would be happiest with the cardboard box!! :lol:

Bear used to use a cat bed to snuggle in but they much prefer snuggling on the floor together now!

Since bonded I've noticed they dont need as many 'things' in their room as their happiest just with each others company :D

I think they would be happiest with the cardboard box!! :lol:

Bear used to use a cat bed to snuggle in but they much prefer snuggling on the floor together now!

Since bonded I've noticed they dont need as many 'things' in their room as their happiest just with each others company :D

Thank you. I agree, they probably will be happiest with the cardboard box. I just don't know if it will hold their weight if they jump on it. I want them to have things to jump up on when they do not have access to the sofa. My boy hasn't had much oppertunity to try out his back legs, not sure what his set up was like before I adopted him.

I cannot wait for them to come home :)

Back