• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I introduce my bunny to my sisters?

Bunny-love

Young Bun
Can I introduce two bunnys that don't live in the same house?

They would be able to play together on a regular basis, just not live in the same house.

That would just be asking for fights :wave:

Rabbits either need to be together all the time or not at all. Especially females who are hard to bond, even when spayed. I don't think you would see any playing, just aggressive behaviour.

They would most likely fight I am afraid. Are they both girls? If they are boys they will definitely fight.

It's a girl and a boy both neutered. They have met before by accident and they got on really well surprisingly.

But if it will cause distress or whatever I'd not do it.

my first two met my second two when they were all babies but tabby rabbit wasn't having any competition and pushed little cecile out of the way with her nose.

what happens at rabbit jumping classes, then? i watched some on youtube last night - there were rabbits all over the place, not fighting, and they certainly weren't all from one home.

I wouldn't do it personally, it'd be nice for them to have company but perhaps a bit distressing to be taken away from them after every meeting
my first two met my second two when they were all babies but tabby rabbit wasn't having any competition and pushed little cecile out of the way with her nose.

what happens at rabbit jumping classes, then? i watched some on youtube last night - there were rabbits all over the place, not fighting, and they certainly weren't all from one home.

Personally, I'm very against it, but unless it's written in the rules then it's up to owners to decide if they want their rabbits to mix with others, but most people know their rabbits well, and know if they get along with most others or not. I hate seeing it though incase there is a fight one day, or a disease is spread

it just really surprised me as i'd heard so much about how they'd fight. perhaps they're less territorial because they aren't at home.

it just really surprised me as i'd heard so much about how they'd fight. perhaps they're less territorial because they aren't at home.

Yeah maybe, but like I said if an owner knows a rabbit could fight they'd keep them away anyway. I've always tried to keep Baby and Rory (Rip) away from others because they've given nasty bites to either me or another rabit before (as an accident), but I also think people have been lucky so far, one day there will be a fight.It looks really ungorganised having loads of rabbits running around on one course too

Back