• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Runny nose

aimz

Young Bun
Hello,

I have noticed this morning, that my Bert's has got a runny nose. Could this be a change in the weather as it has got really cold all of a sudden??

I have asked the vet about this before and she said that its nothing to worry about at the moment and just to keep an eye on him.
He doesn't have runny eyes as I know this can be their teeth.

Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks guys
Aimz x

Hello,

I have noticed this morning, that my Bert's has got a runny nose. Could this be a change in the weather as it has got really cold all of a sudden??

I have asked the vet about this before and she said that its nothing to worry about at the moment and just to keep an eye on him.
He doesn't have runny eyes as I know this can be their teeth.

Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks guys
Aimz x

Is the discharge clear or whiteish ?

Is he sneezing and have you checked the inside of his front paws? If the fur is sticky this indicates he is wiping his nose a lot and therefore there may be a significant amount of nasal discharge.

I would get the Vet to *examin* him as that is the only way to establish what is going on and if treatment is needed

Good Luck :)

Hi,
Sorry late reply, that evening after i wrote on here, he had perked up and his nose was fine, so i would imagine that it must have been the weather, but his paws were fine and he's not sneezing.

He's moving in to a little small accomodation for the winter so are my guineas, so hopefully he wont be so cold!!
poor little man, does tend to get chilly.

Thank you for your help, i had taken him to the vet before about his nose as luckily he'd had it when his vaccine was due so one bill lol!! #
but they said that he was fine but just keep an eye on him. But he's fine now (touch wood)!

Thank you once again!!
Aimz x

Back