• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

which wood for house??

Peterbunny

Mama Doe
Hi,

I've given my hubby the job of trying to build a wooden shelter / box for Peters run :) I want it to have a large enough flat roof so that Peter can jump on it (His fave pastime :lol:) and also so that he can climb underneath. It also needs to be large enough to accomadate another bunny as we are planning on getting Peter a Mrs :lol:

Is this an easy task?? I've seen a few on the web that I quite like the look of ....
http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/350586379917?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y

What wood would be best for this creation? Will it be expensive? I'm assuming the wood will need to be protected, can anyone recommend a animal safe wood preserver??

Thanks!

Hi,

Would Cuprinol be OK if the rabbit was a chewer? Peter doesn't chew excessively but does sometimes have the odd nibble :lol:

I agree with Geoff. Marine ply is good, that eBay item looks ok. Bit expensive. If you get most of you measurements B&Q will cut the 8x4 board for you. Makes life a lot easier and it ends up straight. :thumb:

You could use tongue and groove although this will cost a lot more although more aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks ReeceT,

I'll try B&Q, Hubby isn't the best at DIY (far from it LOL!) so any help by B&Q to ensure the wood is straight is good!! luckily Hubbys friend is far better at these sort of things so I've set it as a challenge when he comes to stay in a couple of weeks :lol:

Back