• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They now have names!

courtneydayle

Alpha Buck
Here are my bunnies!!! Both does.

This is Polka!
TriDoe4.jpg

This is Bandana!
HarliDoe3.jpg

Last edited:
awwww :love: Are you going to show one and breed the other, or breed them both or what? :D

Bandana isn't the right color to show, harlis are disqualified as messed up tris, so she'll just be a breeder. Polka will be both. But I'll probably only let them have one litter, just to get my money back from them, then they'll be pets. They'll always be pets, but only pets then. I also have to find out about the shows and things. Hopefully I can go to one next weekend in the city.

And??? I pay a lot for mine with vaccinations, neutering etc but I dont wanna 'make my money back' theyre animals not a profit making machine

And??? I pay a lot for mine with vaccinations, neutering etc but I dont wanna 'make my money back' theyre animals not a profit making machine

They can still help out. Never said they were for profit, just need a bit for their care. Got my eye on a really nice cage and it's expensive too. Plus, breeding them would supply a 4H or FFA kid with a project for their group.

They can still help out. Never said they were for profit, just need a bit for their care. Got my eye on a really nice cage and it's expensive too. Plus, breeding them would supply a 4H or FFA kid with a project for their group.

Well breeding them isn't really best for their care. Why not sell some things to get money for their cage? That's what I have to do. Wouldn't dream of breeding them and adding to the thousands of rabbits already out there looking for homes.

My buns were £75 each but they still had the snip ASAP!!! Plus the late humphrey cost £600 in vet fees and saph cost £200 for her spay and ensuing stasis treatment.

You know, from the reaction to your past threads about breeding for meat and the other two about these rabbits, that people here have very strong views on breeding and neutering.

No-one should expect their pets to 'earn their keep' by breeding from them and selling the offspring.

Neither should anyone have pets that they cannot afford to look after. They are pets - they are not a necessity.

What is 4H/FFA? :wave:

Not once has the OP said she cant afford them! My rabbits are expensive, and yeah it'd be handy for them to get money back but that would never happen :lol: doesn't mean I cant afford them!

Not once has the OP said she cant afford them! My rabbits are expensive, and yeah it'd be handy for them to get money back but that would never happen :lol: doesn't mean I cant afford them!

They're groups for kids here in the US. Here's a link to pages.
http://www.4-h.org/
https://www.ffa.org/Pages/default.aspx

I loved being in them, some of the best experiences of my life. I want to be able to help out kids in these groups. A lot of them can't afford big animals like pigs or goats or cattle, or can't have them where they live (ie in town). So a rabbit would be perfect. I want to give back to the organization that helped me so much.

She hasn't said the exact words 'I can't afford them' .... but she says that by breeding they can still help out and she just needs a bit for their care. My point is that pets shouldn't be expected to 'help out' or provide 'a bit for their care'. It is our responsibility, as owners, to provide the care.

You know, from the reaction to your past threads about breeding for meat and the other two about these rabbits, that people here have very strong views on breeding and neutering.

No-one should expect their pets to 'earn their keep' by breeding from them and selling the offspring.

Neither should anyone have pets that they cannot afford to look after. They are pets - they are not a necessity.

Couldn't have expressed this better myself.

I just cannot believe that people just keep wanting to chug out more poor rabbits when there are so many just sitting rotting in inferior housing all over the country/world.

Only this week I went to a breeder (shower) to collect two rabbits that were rehomed to her in good faith by their previous owner. And these rabbits were just sitting there with dead eyes. Nothing to do except breed. And she sells them on Preloved.

This doesn't just upset me now, it makes me furious.

Rabbits are not things to be used as we see fit, they are sentient creatures.

OP - please think again - don't think of yourself in all of this, think of the animals in your care. Choose not to breed and be an owner who cares for the rabbits for their inner beauty and not what they can do for human. Who gives a stuff if the rabbit wins rosettes in shows? The rabbit certainly doesn't.

Last edited:
Back