• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New rats, snails and Sansa says nuts

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
A friend of mine took on 4 rats from the SSPCA recently after I pointed them out to her. Sadly she's having really bad mental health issues and asked me to take the new rats as her original two died. One was very old and her death wasn't exactly unexpected but the other was only a young thing less than a year old. :( My friend was absolutely heartbroken at the loss of her two original girls and just doesn't seem to want to keep rats anymore. I can understand as they're such wonderful animals but so prone to health problems and only live a few years at best. We spoke to the SSPCA and they were happy enough for me to take them as they had seen my set up when we adopted Noodle from them a couple of months ago.

These girls have been intro'd to our babies and seem to be working out their rankings in a healthy way. We decided not to intro any of them to our oldest three girls who've been moved to a smaller comfier cage as they're starting to have difficulty climbing the bars.

Anyway here's the SSPCA girls

Danni we think this is mummy. She has nipples that look a bit used and is larger than the other three.
danny003.jpg

danny001.jpg

Cat
cat005.jpg

cat003.jpg

Meera
meera005.jpg

quorinn001.jpg

Osha
quorinn004.jpg

quorinn002.jpg

They're all fairly friendly except Meera who will hiss at people walking past the cage though doesn't bite.

My little snails are growing up well, this pic was taken in June
2012-06-07122240.jpg

Here they are today

Snowdrop
2012-08-25170528.jpg

Shelly
2012-08-25170138.jpg

Snowball
2012-08-25170256.jpg

Sansa says nuts to wee rat and snail things
sansanuts.jpg

Got the beg down to a t now though