• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter tips for a new Wendy house?

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone got any suggestions for keeping the buns safe and warm in their wendy house this winter?

Currently, their wendyhouse is attached to a run, whereby they can go in and out as they please through a cat flap.

It has thick plastic windows that are quite sturdy.

At the moment, I have got a shelter box like they sell for runs, which is big enough for both of them, and have attached it to the wall. This wooden box has no windows etc, and is filled with vet bed and fleece.

The floor is lino covered with vet bed and rugs.

They are litter trained so there is no chance of wet patches on the floor.

Any tips? Its their first winter outside.... while I have never used the hearing while they have lived inside, I still worry!

Many thanks!

was thinking about you earlier, mssing seeing photos of your gang, i don;t have outdoor bunnies so maybe others can offer better advice, have you got a cover for run area?

don't people insulate the walls of sheds with silver stuff (that looks like popping plastic) from b+q? does that work for wendy houses? someone will know - it's clear i don't!

don't people insulate the walls of sheds with silver stuff (that looks like popping plastic) from b+q? does that work for wendy houses? someone will know - it's clear i don't!

they could do, my dad used it under wooden flooring and a thought t looked similiar to those snugglesafe insulated hutch covers :thumb:

Anyone got any suggestions for keeping the buns safe and warm in their wendy house this winter?

Currently, their wendyhouse is attached to a run, whereby they can go in and out as they please through a cat flap.

It has thick plastic windows that are quite sturdy.

At the moment, I have got a shelter box like they sell for runs, which is big enough for both of them, and have attached it to the wall. This wooden box has no windows etc, and is filled with vet bed and fleece.

The floor is lino covered with vet bed and rugs.

They are litter trained so there is no chance of wet patches on the floor.

Any tips? Its their first winter outside.... while I have never used the hearing while they have lived inside, I still worry!

Many thanks!

We have insulated our playhouse ready for the winter - we used actual polysterene which is just under 2" thick so it fills nicely upto the frame work and we just boarded over it with ply. We also put the thinner silver stuff on the inside of the roof of the playhouse. This will be their first winter together in the playhouse but hopefully they will be toasty warm.

Back