• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for temporary fencing please :)

lioness178

Young Bun
Hiya everyone :wave:

I'm new here but just want some advice really....

I have 3 bunnies, bailey, Bramble and Leah who live in a wooden playhouse with attach run which they access via catflap.

Anyways the last two days I've been letting them run about the garden supervised, which got me thinking about doing this more often. Our garden isn't by any means a big garden (we live in a terraced house so more long than wide), and it has 'right of way' by one neighbour who goes through the top of the garden sometimes (taking the bin out usually) and then through to next door and so worried that if she left the gate open (or workmen etc) bunnies would escape like a flash, despite being supervised!!

Therefore I need some suggestions of temporary fencing to section that part off 'just incase'. I've seen this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Green-Pla...1434837890277569247&pid=100017&prg=1006&rk=2&

but not sure how effective it would be as they might chew through and escape....basically I need something that I can just put up when buns are out with me supervised and put away again when they are back in their house.

Would appreciate any suggestions and/or even if you think the above link would be suitable?

Thank you all so much :) :thumb:

Never used that but think you're right about them possibly biting through it, how big is the area, could you use like an aviary panel which might be 6' x 3', something more substantial. Safety is so important with buns. Someone else will probably have some better suggestions.

Ditto to the above. Deffo NOT anything plastic - they WILL chew through it and it does literally take seconds, especially with that barrier fencing that you've shown as it's really flimsy.

Puppy panels would be the best bet in my opinion. Get yourself some metal pittons to attach them to (or some electric fencing plastic spikes that just push into the ground) and you can cable-tie the puppy panels to them to create a sturdy temporary fence.

I agree with the puppy pen idea. I use these to section my garden off and they will fit anywhere as they come as individual panels that you can use to make any shape you like. I've had mine years and they are left out all year round without any signs of rust!:thumb:

ETA. My panels have long metal spikes that stick in the ground so you can move them as and when you feel like it.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...hment-UD-Wish-Flame-and-Autumn-post-31-amp-32 See this thread for an idea of what they are like.

Last edited:
Ooooh thats lush, I defo like that idea!

Can it all be folded up too to put away when not in use? :D

Thanks guys, and thanks for the link, those photos are amazing!! I'm just going to measure the width of the garden ;) xx

Last edited:
I have puppy panels too but mine are a permanent feature as I have 2 buns who won't play nice together :roll: they are out all year long but they do fold up.

Thanks everyone, I've just ordered two lots of puppy pens from petplanet :) The width of my garden was just below the size of these but then i figured I could bring them up the sides a bit to prevent eating the flowers too hehe:wave:

Back