• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox :(

Bella&Travis

Young Bun
I posted last week saying I'd got 2 10week old bunny sisters. They were to indoor rabbit but the other night they were having so much fun out in the garden in their big run (which hutch inside the run for protection), that I STUPIDLY let them spend the night outside as it was really warm. The run is in the slabs on the patio under my bedroom window so knew I could keep half an eye on them. I have dogs so my garden is dog proofed, 6ft fencing all the way round, so didn't even cross my mind that a fox would get in :(

At 5am I was woken up to hear a squeaking noise, I shot up to the window & there was a fox in the middle of the lawn with one of my bunnies in its mouth :(

I am devasted :( the feeling of guilt is stopping me sleeping at night. I cannot forgive myself. I let her down, just a baby & my stupidity & not thinking allowed her life to be taken :(

The baby which is left I immediately brought back indoors. I have was concerned that she would miss her sisters company so have managed to get her a wee friend, a week older. They are seperate just now just until I get the new one vaccinated then I will introduce them. They will remain as house rabbits & I'll donate the big run I got for them to my local bunny rescue, I won't ever put them outside again :(

Rest in peace wee baby xx

So sorry to read this hun...don't blame yourself, these things do happen.
I remember when my other half got a new Guinea Pig many moons ago and it had settled in nicely over many weeks...he decided
to cut the lawn and after he'd finished found the poor soul dead in it's hutch :cry:...he still blames himself to this day and wishes
he'd left the grass.
Thinking of you x

Im sorry for your loss :(

I know it's hard but don't chuck out your run. Your buns can still have safe supervised time outside with you :)

I'm sorry to hear this,.but I agree don't throw out the run let Ur bunnies enjoy outdoors just when Ur around, seems a shame to stop there enjoyment for the sake of an accident. X x

Will they still enjoy supervised run outside even thought they get to run about indoors? I just assumed they could stop going outside as too worried for them....

Was going to give the run to the local rescue, i have already emailed them but they havent got back to me, that was yesterday

Will they still enjoy supervised run outside even thought they get to run about indoors? I just assumed they could stop going outside as too worried for them....

Was going to give the run to the local rescue, i have already emailed them but they havent got back to me, that was yesterday

They will very much enjoy some time outside. Mine love it even though they are free range inside.

I am sure the rescue will understand if you chane your mind :)

So sorry to read this hun...don't blame yourself, these things do happen.
I remember when my other half got a new Guinea Pig many moons ago and it had settled in nicely over many weeks...he decided
to cut the lawn and after he'd finished found the poor soul dead in it's hutch :cry:...he still blames himself to this day and wishes
he'd left the grass.
Thinking of you x
So sorry. Did the fumes kill the piggies?

I'm so sorry, you really shouldn't blame yourself.
Did you work out how the fox got in to the run? Maybe you could make some modifications and still use during the day.

Back