• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you do with all the poo?!

catherine09

Mama Doe
So we got the keys for our new house yesterday, and the first thing I noticed was the size of the black bin, it's much smaller than any one I've seen before :shock:

I then went online to see if it was correct, which unfortunately it is, and noticed that collection is every OTHER week :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I'm now very worried what to do with all the bunny and piggy waste :( I could compost it but I think there would be too much waste for just one composter.

OH suggested burning it but I'm not even sure if you're allowed to do that, and not sure how well it would work being damp anyway.

How do you all cope with bunny waste?

So we got the keys for our new house yesterday, and the first thing I noticed was the size of the black bin, it's much smaller than any one I've seen before :shock:

I then went online to see if it was correct, which unfortunately it is, and noticed that collection is every OTHER week :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I'm now very worried what to do with all the bunny and piggy waste :( I could compost it but I think there would be too much waste for just one composter.

OH suggested burning it but I'm not even sure if you're allowed to do that, and not sure how well it would work being damp anyway.

How do you all cope with bunny waste?

some gardners want rabbit poo, but how do you find out who? wouldnt solve problem of the bedding etc. Where have u moved to with fortnightly collections, mars?

Its great in a composter, we put it all in the bin, when the bin gets full we take to tip. Are you able to request a garden bin there? I think you can put it in there - cos it all goes to the composter and the council sells it to compost companies :)

Have you bought your house? Soooo exciting!

I chuck the poo's on the garden, great manure, megazorb and hay go in the brown bin (garden waste), newspaper goes in the blue (recycled paper/plastic) bin.

All ours goes in the green garden waste bin, hay poo and wood base litter :thumb:

We don't have a garden waste bin here so I spend a lot of time queuing at my local tip:(

It isn't too bad this time of year but in the summer they are only open 8.00 am - 4.00 pm so it is a nightmare getting there as I often work weekends too.

Our bin collection is fortnightly too.

Back