• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions on this hutch

Oh, I didn't know, I couldn't tell from the picture...

What do you think anyway? Should I get one?

I dont have one, but plenty of people do. They are meant to not be quite as good as some companies that make out of toungue and groove/log lap etc, but very good for the price, and certainly better than a lot of the mainstream brands.

Whitehood has one I think.

I would buy it :thumb: I was going to get one but we made one instead :) With the run, I would (I always forget.. I *think* it was Fluffers! :lol:) make it higher by putting wood on the bottom :) but I think rabbitdan said his was fine height for his rex bunnies. I would prefer to make it higher though as I have a big bunny in my pair :lol: Also painting it to protect it but I know you'd do that anyway :D I know they get a lot of free range time too so I think it's fab :thumb: Mine have a 6 x 4 run 24/7 and a 7 x 3 from 8am to 10pm because our garden is not very secure :lol: so yeah, I think it would be really good :D

Finally found the thread! :lol:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...weather-fox-proofing-ideas&highlight=fluffers

Last edited:
Personally, I'd want to buy the run extension to use with them unless the buns are going to get a good amount of free-range time, as personally I feel a 6x4 run is a bit small and a 6x6 would be better, as the rwaf minimum is 8x4.

I would buy it :thumb: I was going to get one but we made one instead :) With the run, I would (I always forget.. I *think* it was Fluffers! :lol:) make it higher by putting wood on the bottom :) but I think rabbitdan said his was fine height for his rex bunnies. I would prefer to make it higher though as I have a big bunny in my pair :lol: Also painting it to protect it but I know you'd do that anyway :D I know they get a lot of free range time too so I think it's fab :thumb: Mine have a 6 x 4 run 24/7 and a 7 x 3 from 8am to 10pm because our garden is not very secure :lol: so yeah, I think it would be really good :D

Finally found the thread! :lol:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...weather-fox-proofing-ideas&highlight=fluffers

Thanks :D Yeah the only time they don't get free range is when it is raining. And yeah when I saw the picture I thought the run looked quite short and I thought back to that thread and how they attached a plinth around the bottom :thumb: So I can do that since Rosie is quite big and Pebbles loves to jump on top of things lol. And yep got a big pot of Cuprinol sitting around being ready to use :)

Getting ready to sell the old spare hutch, sanding it down and painting it and trying my best not to spend any money

Thanks :D Yeah the only time they don't get free range is when it is raining. And yeah when I saw the picture I thought the run looked quite short and I thought back to that thread and how they attached a plinth around the bottom :thumb: So I can do that since Rosie is quite big and Pebbles loves to jump on top of things lol. And yep got a big pot of Cuprinol sitting around being ready to use :)

Getting ready to sell the old spare hutch, sanding it down and painting it and trying my best not to spend any money

I'm trying not to too.. but spent £20+ in about 10 minutes yesterday! :lol: seems to be quite difficult :lol:

Sounds like a plan though :thumb:

I'm trying not to too.. but spent £20+ in about 10 minutes yesterday! :lol: seems to be quite difficult :lol:

Sounds like a plan though :thumb:

It's a lot easier when my boyfriend isn't here, since he is the one I usually do stuff with like getting food or whatever :lol: But he has been busy helping his mum with her house so since I have been at home most of the time it has been quite easy to save up

Back