• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poisonous wood??

I'm doing up a hutch together with my dad( I bought it second hand on Gumtree it was homemade ) and I'm not sure if the wood used is safe for rabbits guinea pigs etc. The person we got it from used to keep his rabbits in it and they looked fine when we saw them because the hutch was/is chewed along the edges/posts. So I'm not sure if the wood is okay for rabbits gpigs? It's not plywood that I'm sure of. But anyways me and my dad need to replace some of the wood bits on the roof and we got some planks to replace the bad stuff with (I think the stuff we bought was redwood) and so I'm not sure if it's safe or not and even if it wasn't safe it wouldn't be a problem would it as the gpigs wounldn't be able to touch the roof???

Bump :wave:

There's a user on here I think it's Caroline09 (sorry if that's totally wrong :oops:) who renovates hutches. Might be worth asking her? :D

Back