• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a quad...

Geoff's people

Alpha Buck
Hypothetically, IF one was to try and bond a quad and had say, kept them in all night in a pen with a few fur pulls and chases, then had them with you all day in another pen and car rides....
THEN had them out in the sunshine in a newly made run on the grass where nobun has been, still with no big issues but a lil bit of chasing (one chasing the other moving away not fighting back) but all grazing away, THEN brought them back inside at night and all sat nomming hay......
How long before YOU would be brave enough to ease up on the supervision?
Hypothetically of course:lol: (touches wood etc)

Ps, I know it wont be just yet;)

Thankies x

Sorry no advice, but i am interested to read advice that you may recieve,:)
I now have three single buns and rather then get another, to make two pairs i am thinking of trying to bond three.
But I need more ideas as to the best way.:?
Good luck with your four:)

I personally think that you will know when its okay to leave them and for how long..

I am currently bonding two rabbits and will be trying six next week :shock:
I felt comfortable leaving them on their own after two days, not leaving them alone for too long, but i baked a cake, and went and cleaned out my other rabbits cages and felt comfortable leaving them there, and when id finished my task id pop in and check. If i'm not doing anything i still sit in my room with them but i can go do other stuff too.

Although this is only my second bond and the other one had to be stopped due to injury.
So people with more experience may give you better info, but i think only you will only really be able to tell because you can see their behaviour.

Just to add, I haven't moved mine around at all either because i didn't think you were meant to while bonding until atleast 48hrs or something, I'd watch them in the place where they will permanently be for a while before i felt comfortable not supervising them as much.

Goodluck!! :thumb::thumb:

Back