• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which playhouse? or bike store?

bunnyconvert

Warren Scout
:wave: All you bunny playhouse owners.

Which make of playhouse do you have/would you recommend?

How much altering did it take to get it winter/bunny ready?

Playhouse v bikeshed?

I currently have an altered coop linked to a 4ft hutch by a denpipe from runaround but we are redoing the garden and want something more compact yet more spacious.

I also don't want to spend a fortune so I'm looking at ex display and ebay.

Thanks

:wave: All you bunny playhouse owners.

Which make of playhouse do you have/would you recommend?

How much altering did it take to get it winter/bunny ready?

Playhouse v bikeshed?

I currently have an altered coop linked to a 4ft hutch by a denpipe from runaround but we are redoing the garden and want something more compact yet more spacious.

I also don't want to spend a fortune so I'm looking at ex display and ebay.

Thanks

I just bought the Shire Kitty playhouse, cheapest place I could find it was B&Q suprisingly. Not only is it attractive looking, but its quite big compared with some. The window opens aswell so you can have mesh over it and prop it wide open on hot days and have it closed, or partially closed in the winter.

I am putting in a cat flap so they can get out into the run and also a couple of shelves with a ramp up to them so they can have some extra space and see out of the window. We need to insulate and board over the inside and add some lino to the floor. I am going to use mine as a neutral space to bond my two in before they move in permanently (bonding being successful that is!). I am hopefully going to plant a little herb garden around the run to soften the look of it in the garden, rabbit safe plants only, that they can nibble when they grow through the bars. Should be quite nice when we've finished.

I thought about bike sheds but then you have the problem of getting some light coming in and generally they just seemed to need a whole lot more "converting" than the playhouse did. Having said that some people on here have some great examples of conversions, but in my view, playhouse wins every time.

I will post some photos over the next few days.

I went with a bike shed, as they're slightly shorter than a shed and let more light in the house. I forget why I ruled out a playhouse, I think it was the price?

I bought this one from Garden Buildings Direct and put in a couple of windows.

I bought a two storey playhouse on Ebay for £375
I cuprinol'd the outside, removed perspex windows & one section of the "garage" door & meshed. Added two catflaps, into an aviary. The inside is lined with plywood & all painted (cuprinol'd) off white. There's some pockets for citronella & some hooks to hang net (mossie) curtains on & fly strips- I'm high risk here.

I removed ladder from inside - top floor is purely for hay & pet carrier & food storage.

In winter - there's hooks on the outside so I can hang shower curtains over the mesh windows, but they aren't up currently.

The wall between the plywood & shed can be stuffed with hay in winter - they have NIC cubes up one wall & storage box litter trays. There's also a pet carrier & a hutch in their run.

Back