• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fibafirst????

hot cross bun

Alpha Buck
anyone tried this new brand of bunny food, supposed to be 30%fibre but contains locust bean which i thought was no good for buns but could be wrong:?

anyone tried this new brand of bunny food, supposed to be 30%fibre but contains locust bean which i thought was no good for buns but could be wrong:?

Yuki has thrived on fibafirst it has made her eat hay more too and keep on a healthy weight I have seen nothing but good from it. My overweight bun yuri is slowly losing weight on them too because shes not overeating pellets which I used to have to put more of in to keep yuki at a healthy weight but pellets made her have terrible poos fibafirst has made her have golden ones so I am greatful to fibafirst

I've used it, yes it is really high in fibre, they are long sticks rather than traditional pellet size. They are annoying as the sticks are different sizes as they snap easily, so you have to have a scoop or scales if you want to be accurate with the amount you give (the eggcup rule wont apply to these as they have so much hay in). But they are a good food, good from tummies and teeth. You have to be careful when you give it that youre giving enough though, as they are bigger but a lot lighter than normal pellets, I weighed them as a starting point and then adjusted according to weight gain.

Last edited:
Mine all loathed it and wouldnt touch it -

they usually have forage for breakfast and Science Selective for evening meal and hay all the time . . .

and they just totally ignored Fibafirst after one nibble - not one bun out of 36 would eat it!!!-

Mine loved them but I found it difficult to get the right amount, some lost weight, others gained and Mischa had to have a dental a little while after I started them so decided to leave them as just the occasional treat.

Mine loved them but I found it difficult to get the right amount, some lost weight, others gained and Mischa had to have a dental a little while after I started them so decided to leave them as just the occasional treat.

yukis dentals have improved since on there :D

yukis dentals have improved since on there :D

Maybe it was just coincidence then. I couldn't work out what else it could possibly be as he eats so much hay and the vet said he has no misalignment. He's been fine since switching back.

I've asked for a sample pack to be sent to me, saves me buying a full pack only to find they don't like it

I've been using these as a 'treat' feed, 1 or 2 mainly for mr and I think he is thriving of them, he is eating much more pellet and fresh food since having a couple of these a day.

He doesn't eat hay so I think these are helping his toothies!!

Sample arrived today, looks nice, different to what I've seen before.

Buns will be having some for supper, if they like it then I'm going to get some for them

Back