• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RESCUE SPACE SOUGHT FOR 83 Bunnies in WAKEFIELD

I volunteered myself to try and help find rescue spaces for approx 83 bunnies who are in a dire situation at a 'hobby rescue' who has got in a pickle. She is not a breeder in the sense of breeding to sell to a pet shop or other avenue. She has let the unneutered males 'play' with the unneutered females. She is wanting help and has contacted a rescue. 83 buns for any one rescue to take on is too much so hence trying to help find spaces.

This is the list of bunnies made by the rescue that is helping. I am slowly working my way through the bunny rescues that I know but please do speak up if I have yet to contact your rescue. I have 18 spaces so far. Thank you to those rescues with spaces, i know most people are full up.

The List
Garage

Right side
Hutch 1-
Small black domestic and in good health, female approx year-2 years old.
Lion lop, female, good health. Needs bottom cleaning and grooming.

Hutch 2-
Grey rex cross, female/ poss pregnant. Nails were cut and teeth fine, slight snuffly nose.
Agouti baby, female. Health check good.
Black baby, male and In good health.
Magpie rex, nails and teeth fine.

Hutch 3-
White rabbit cross breed, male. Very poor health, dirty and underweight. In pain, needs vet ASAP. Booked in later afternoon, Tuesday/today.
Agouti lion head cross female/poss pregnant. Teeth fine, slight snuffles.
Agouti butterfly rex, female. Nails and teeth fine.

Back/Open hutch all have free range of garage.
Agouti baby, male. Health check good.
Lion lop, female. Nails fine and slight health problems. Teeth and tear ducts, need checking.
Agouti rex cross, female/poss pregnant. Health check good
Male black lop, neutered. Good health but needs treatment for snuffles

Left side

Hutch 1
Pair of dutch males, young. Both in good health

Hutch 2
Black butterfly, female/poss pregnant. Nails over grown. Scab on her nose and snuffles.
Lemon butterfly, male. Burst cyst infected needs vets asap, going in same evening.

Hutch 3
Nethie cross, snuffles/ bad eye. 4 babies around 2 weeks old in with her.

Hutch 3, bottom
6 agouti babies and 2 black babies. Underweight, scabs

Outside Garage
Dutch, female. Nails done and in good health.

Shed
Black otter female, nethie mix. Tear ducts make me a problem, looks like bird pecking at her face. Very sore eye needs cleaning.
Ginger rabbit, female and looks healthy.
2 male guinea pigs, wrong diet and over weight. Nails needing cutting down

Double hutch by the shed
Magpie lop, chewed ears. Female/poss pregnant, good health.
Magpie lop, female/poss pregnant and in good health.
Black butterfly neutered male in good health

Small hutch next to double
Male rex in good health

Blue shed
Apex run, frenchie cross male in good health.
Back hutch- cross male. Good health. REHOMED

5ft single
Black, over groomed, female in good health. Nails cut
3 agouti females in good health

Run and hutch
Rex, old boy and chewed ears. Needs neutering and nails were trimmed.
Guinea pig, over weight and wrong diet

Single top hutch
Lion lop, female. Dirty and needs grooming
Domestic cross, male

Large hutch and run
New zealand white, possible snuffles/stress related problems. Possibly pregnant, needs grooming.
Litter of 7 babies, 2-3 weeks old
5 older babies, both sexes

Big pen
Male large breed cross, swollen area and needs grooming and bathing
White female cross breed, good health

Double poppy den
White neutered male guinea pig, old. Skin problem, calcium problems?
Brown and white female guinea pig, good health
Brown and black female guinea pig, okay health.
Cream coloured guinea pig, female. Okay health
Dutch rabbit, blind in one eye. Matted bum and scours. Male
Male chinchilla lop, snuffles and okay health

T run
Black butterfly lop, possibly pregnant
Agouti lop female
2 young babies, 2 weeks old in the nest

Hutch and run
Agouti female, good health
Black butterfly, over weight but good health
3 babies, 2-4 weeks old

Agouti cross adult, female good health
Litter of 7 babies, around 3 weeks old"

There have been 2 PTS today RIP. All the guinea pigs are coming out tomorrow and have rescue spaces thanks to the co-ordination of the Piggy Bank UK.

Having had a conversation with Sonia at Bunny Camp earlier this week I know she is away on holiday until Tuesday but she also told me she only had 3 rabbits available for adoption at the moment (presumable kept numbers down because of holiday) so would be a good rescue to contact.

I'm available to foster should any rescue wish for rabbits to be looked after in the general area rather than be moved any great distance if they need getting out quickly, etc, even if it's just for a few days.

Hi,

I am not associated with a rescue, I am however in Wakefield. I have 2 outdoor hutches - both not in use both 6ft by 2 ft by 2ft. I cannot foster, but I can be a stop off station for any bunnies used to being outdoor for 1 week. I can't hold onto bunnies long term, but I can offer help as a stop off for a week for any bunnies in need.

Please let me know if I can help!

Good luck Jenny, this is a monumental task.

Like I said on the FB page, I may be able to help with bunny running if any are coming down south.

My curiosity has got the better of me though and I'm curious as to what a "hobby rescue" is :?

I'm not in Wakefield but have an empty 6 foot hutch and run set up, and experience with pregnant buns.

Probably no help, but I'm here if needed:love:

Whoah :shock: Poor things, which area of Wakefield are they in?

I'm afraid the most I'd be able to do is lend out a large dog crate I have, I also have three very small carriers and a travel box that holds 3 dwarf breeds/a dwarf and a medium/one very large, I have no room or money for any more rabbits, no free large hutches and no car :(

ETA: Actually if anyone in Wakefield wants help removing the rabbits, grooming them or whatever I may be able to help

Who currently has bunnies? Have Camp Nibble/Sues Rabbit Rescue etc been contacted? they're west Yorkshire based. I will do everything I can to help, we have a car x

I am completely free the next 3 weeks and can help with bunny runs etc. I only have 1 small hutch but a completely enclosed garden and as am at home 24/7 could take a single or two littlies if needed whilst waiting for rescue places.

Who currently has bunnies? Have Camp Nibble/Sues Rabbit Rescue etc been contacted? they're west Yorkshire based. I will do everything I can to help, we have a car x

I'm guessing Mick and Sue are probably still full from the Leeds 38 situation but would probably be useful contacts for same as Demi has offered re going in to assess them and removing them for moving on etc.

I can't help bunny-wise (MAY have a spare hutch soon - but unlikely soon enough).
But I'll be travelling from Leeds to Sheffield on Saturday morning and back again late afternoon/evening. Would happily swing by Wakefield to help transport anybun heading in those directions.

Who's like in charge of this all, is there a facebook page?

I'd definitely love to go and help out if I can get a lift or get the bus there, I'm on study leave for another 2 months with nothing to do so free time's not really an issue unless I'm chosen for a job

I'd definitely love to go and help out if I can get a lift or get the bus there, I'm on study leave for another 2 months with nothing to do so free time's not really an issue unless I'm chosen for a job

Likewise, I'm busy all Saturday with craft fair, but tomorrow, Sunday, onwards happy to help weekdays after work x

I'm in the same situation as Demi so can help in this way too but can't foster unfortunately. x

Since the RSPCA don't do voluntary rehoming in their RSPCA run branches and only take in welfare cases you might get some help from them. If she has that many they would probably consider it a welfare issue.

Thanks for all your offers of help, its now midnight and i need to go and do some hutch cleaning of my lot here. I will reply in the morning. 13 buns came out today and 6 guinea pigs. I am the person who madly volunteered to find rescue spaces for this lot, the conditions are awful, the rescue lady who was asked to help is overwhelmed, on saturday we are taking the whole lot along with hutches to her place. I have rescue spaces for about 39 at the moment, will be working on more tomorrow.

I mainly need transporters and good rescue spaces. Will be putting up some transport requests tomorrow as well.

Back