• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone built their own aviary? Roof Question...

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Have worked out how much wood I'd need for the side and front (the other side is the house) but not really sure how to construct the roof so was hoping someone could help? :wave:

What size is it? My aviary is a 6ft cube so the roof was the same size as the sides. Although you will need to make it slightly longer in one direction by the width of the wood because your side panels will probably overlap the end panels.

So I'm assuming one of the long sides is the house? Two panels 7ft x 4ft would be easiest. It would be best if the point where the two panels meet against the house were fixed to the house. If that's not an option you might want to have a small pillar of wood as support where the two panels meet just to stop it sagging in the middle.

yes one long side is the house :wave: thankyou! I havent thought about attaching the roof to the house, will consult with my dad :thumb:

Back