• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Pen

lauraj27

Warren Scout
Evie and Harley have successfully bonded and we have been keeping them in a fairly sizable indoor pen at the bottom of the bed that has a base of cardboard to protect the carpet. Unfortunately we found both were chewing the nylon mat that came as the base for the pen and in attempt to prevent either of them suffering from an impaction we took it away and replaced with cardboard. Alas Evie thinks it's fun to start diging and ripping at the cardboard at 4 in the morning. I'm a little bit stuck as to what I can use instead as as the base, both will chew anything material that is put down but being woken up that early is not good for this bunny mummy! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You could get some plywood and cover it with a layer of hay? Its fairly cheqp and safe for them to chew. But you may want to get some edging to go around the outside of the pen to make sure the hay dissent go everywhere!:thumb:

When ours were in a pen, we laid down some hardboard beneath an old rug. We found the hay a nightmare as it stuck to that though, so then covered that with a cot blanket type micro fleece (basically totally smooth so easy to brush off).

I know lots of people use lino though, which in hindsight would have been even easier.

Back