• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please help

sarsimp

Mama Doe
I havent been on here for such a long time but this morning I snipped my Cleo's skin on her neck whilst giving her a trim-up and I dont know what to do about it. All the years I have been doing this and have never slipped up before - I feel so so bad :(
Please advise as to what I can do, if anything?
Thanks

As long as it has stopped bleeding then it will heal in a few days. these things happen, I am sur a couple of extra treats and all will,be forgiven. keep it clean and watch for infection.

I've done it in the past too, vet said it's not a big deal and will heal, I expect the same is true for your bun assuming there is not excessive bleeding. Just keep an eye until its healed.

Thank you both - it didnt bleed at all so I hope it will be ok!
Hope I can find the time to get back on here from time to time as I do miss having a chat with bunny minded peeps!

I haven't this with scissors but have pulled and ripped Inca's skin while combing out matts in her fur, makes me feel so bad!

Back