• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Eating habbits changed- Advice

wendi

New Kit
My rabbit has suddenly changed her eating habbits for the past 4 days, not eating a great deal of pellets still eating vegs though. Her faeces are the same and urinating the same the only difference I have noticed is during the day and night there are clumps of soft moulded faeces around her bedding area and not in her litter tray, they are also very strong smelling? She is happy, running around, eating hay etc but am I worrying unduly or am I missing symptoms of something?

Hi Wendi,

Welcome to RU :) It would be worthwhile your bunny having a full vet check, and ensuring hat her molar teeth are checked because anything different needs to be checked out. I would be worried if she were mine.

I will ring the vets tomorrow Sky-O, she is a special bunny I rescued her last year from being in an awful state she was only a baby so worry lots about her. I wondered if her teeth were an issue she is not good at being handled but lets me brush her stroke her etc so I know the vets will stress her out but is neccessary.

Good luck tomorrow. If you can get an appointment for tomorrow (i.e. ASAP) that would be ideal. It's one of those necessary short term evils and it's a lesser evil than leaving her to suffer (which it's clear that you won't do).

Please let us know how you get on :)

I definitely agree, it sounds like teeth. She might need to have them burred down as they can get spikes or get too long. Any change in eating habits immediately makes me think of dental problems so it's best to get her checked out before it gets worse. :wave:

Back