• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ventilation for sheds??

Dobedo

Young Bun
Hi everyone

My OH and I are nearing the end of building the bunny palace/shed. We have insulated it and boarded the inside, due to fit the flooring next.
We have a mesh inner door in order to allow plenty of ventilation on hot days and there is a slight gap either side where the roof meets the sides- allowing some ventilation. I have four plastic Perspex windows on the side and a runaround tunnel leading out to a large run. I was wondering if anymore ventilation should be added especially for if the main door is shut? ie I have bought a sliding air vent which I wondered if I should fit? I am trying to balance the need for ventilation with warmth on cold days?!
What do you guys do? Any advice or tips would be greatfullt received. I also have fitted a thermometer on the inside so I can keep an eye on the inside temperature.

Cheers

Debs x :)

I took one of the plastic windows off(on left hand door at top behind curtain in photo) and replaced it with wire mesh. I have kept plastic window to hinge it back on during winter. When its raining i simply shut the curtain and no water has got in so far. I also recommend attaching fly screen to your inner doors to stop flies. Obviously not on the buns side or they will get ripped down. Hope that helps you x
083.jpg

Also depending on which way your new bunny palace faces, id recommend curtains for when the sun is shining in. Mine can get like a greenhouse. My buns sit at the window, they love it....they have yet to experience a summer in it yet tho:lol:

Hey thanks very much for your advice Rescuebuns, I'm gona fit a sliding vent and I also have a mesh door fitted. Also have a fly net which I'll put on the mesh door. I'll keep an eye on the temp and may take one of the windows out in the summer n put it back for the winter. Cheers!

Will post pics of my bunny house soon as its all nearly finished and hopefully will have my rescue buns with me soon :)

Debs x

Hey thanks very much for your advice Rescuebuns, I'm gona fit a sliding vent and I also have a mesh door fitted. Also have a fly net which I'll put on the mesh door. I'll keep an eye on the temp and may take one of the windows out in the summer n put it back for the winter. Cheers!

Will post pics of my bunny house soon as its all nearly finished and hopefully will have my rescue buns with me soon :)

Debs x
Cant wait to see your bunny house. I'm sure your buns will love it!:thumb:
Nat x

Back