• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rolling around on back - bunny thinking it's a dog!

cpayne

Warren Veteran
Last night Doughnut was in a real funny mood, maybe because it was her birthday and she was one! She doesn't dig a lot now since she's been spayed and doesn't bother digging in the garden. Last night she was really digging in her carrier at the back and then kept dropping down and rolling on her back like a dog. She'd then get up dig then roll on her back again backwards and forwards. Was she spreading her scent as it's only her who goes in the carrier?

She sometimes tilts her head and flops on her side when she's in her hutch to go to sleep but the only time she's rolled about on her back was the evening before she was really ill with gas and was doing it right in front of me. Last night was different though due to the manic digging and she certainly didn't have any gas this morning as rattling the bars for her pellets!

It did look very cute all the rolly pollying, just wondered if anyone else has had this experience. I know a lot flop down to sleep but never heard of rolling on their back, backwards and forwards! She seemed to be in a happy mood.

Oh that's good then. I'll be able to give her white fluffy tummy a little stroke if she does it again!

I was just worried about the gas like last time when she couldn't get comfortable, now I know it's her being happy makes me happy :D

Back