• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I have just had a bit of a shock

What is the longest time you have had a Bun in Rescue waiting for a Forever Home ?

2 years. After which I aim to bond them in the 'permanent' group which currently stands at 5 (but has been upto 8). I don't think it is fair to confine rabbits to what we would deem as 'temporary' accommodation after 2 years of waiting for a 'forever' home. I don't know why but we find it really, really difficult to rehome pairs of bunnies. I have had pairs of bunnies waiting for over a year for a loving home. Singles get snapped up really quickly. Even people that come here looking for a pair of bunnies quite often decide to pair up single buns (even though I have to bond) and overlook the already bonded long termers:(. It doesn't make sense at all but that is just the way it is. I have lots of pairs that are confined to 8ft hutches crying out for homes:(.

I had a single female in last week that has already been reserved yet I have females in from well over a year ago that are still longingly looking for some love.:(

Very, very sad.:cry::cry:

2 years. After which I aim to bond them in the 'permanent' group which currently stands at 5 (but has been upto 8). I don't think it is fair to confine rabbits to what we would deem as 'temporary' accommodation after 2 years of waiting for a 'forever' home. I don't know why but we find it really, really difficult to rehome pairs of bunnies. I have had pairs of bunnies waiting for over a year for a loving home. Singles get snapped up really quickly. Even people that come here looking for a pair of bunnies quite often decide to pair up single buns (even though I have to bond) and overlook the already bonded long termers:(. It doesn't make sense at all but that is just the way it is. I have lots of pairs that are confined to 8ft hutches crying out for homes:(.

I had a single female in last week that has already been reserved yet I have females in from well over a year ago that are still longingly looking for some love.:(

:cry:

Oh no if I was looking for a pair and there was one already there I think you'd have to take that one I mean they're ready for you

Ruthie xxx

yes Beth ..we find this too ..

think the longest we had buns in was going on 4 yrs ... it was a pair of REW s and one was a biter .

they did get a home eventualy ...but by that time it tore me apart letting them go ..:?

I think Caroline at Rabbit Residence has a couple she's had over 2-3 years, special needs buns mostly.

I know it's not the same but when I was helping out the bonded pair at the rescue didn't look like they were ever going to be rehomed - didn't help that they are not considered to be 'pretty' colours :(. I ended up so attached I panicked when ever someone was booked in to view. Thankfully, I was allowed to adopt them and they were bonded in with my original bun and another to make a quad. :) these buns also have the most amazing personalities and I consider myself very lucky that everyone else was stupid enough to overlook them

Fairly Beloved in Glasgow have quite a few pairs up for rehoming. If I were starting out, I would definitely have gone for a pair now that I know what I do now.

Back