• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do any of you have rabbits that are bowl flippers?

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
Elliot loves flipping his food bowl over everytime I refill it. Very annoying when you have just cleaned out his hutch :lol::lol::lol:

Yup, my Izzy has a habit of doing that :lol:

She also likes to knock the hay rack off her hutch when it's empty!

:lol: No Hopscotch only has a water bowl and it's too heavy for him to flip, so he just puts things in it instead :roll: The water has been a wide variety of different colours when I come home from work due to coloured wooden toys being dropped in!

Not since I got them the largest ceramic 'dog' bowls :thumb: The anti-tip ones are pretty good too.

I read this as bowl floppers :oops: I thought you meant rabbit who flop in their bowls. Mine kinda used too...

Both pairs have heavy dog bowls, impossible for them to flip. And I only use bowls for food when they have greens and these are ceramic plant saucers so they are pretty hard for them to move let alone flip!

Last edited:
Spenser will often flips his bowls over if he is not pleased with the contents. He can even tip up his heavy ceramic water bowl if the mood takes him. :roll:

Yep, Bunny and Poppy both do this. I find it quite amusing, as sometimes they do manage to get the bowl in the oddest of places...quite often it is very neatly placed upright against the wall :lol:

Waterbowl: we have the toys in water bowl game here too. Usually it's loo rolls :roll:

Mine like to flip. when we first got them they trained me to put their food on the bottom floor rather than the top floor, by flipping it down the ramp! :D

Twinkie chipped his last ceramic bowl trying to flip it :roll:

Barney moves them if he can! :lol: He can flip a normal dog ceramic one even full of water, and if he has the big casserole dish he shoves it along and picks it up and generally bangs it around :roll: he's ridiculously strong. I had to resort to these, they are the biggest and heaviest I've seen and hold around 1.25 litres and he cant shift them :D http://www.petsathome.com/shop/ceramic-bowl-for-dogs-by-mason-cash-13786

I read this as bowl floppers :oops: I thought you meant rabbit who flop in their bowls. Mine kinda used too...

Both pairs have heavy dog bowls, impossible for them to flip. And I only use bowls for food when they have greens and these are ceramic plant saucers so they are pretty hard for them to move let alone flip!

:love::love::love: you have stolen my bunny Elliot:shock::shock::shock:

133000993.jpg

I have a few bowl flingers.

I use the heavy ceramic dog bowls, but BB will pich hers up and fling it if its not filled quickly enough - she broke one once so she now has a very heavy one.

Ra has the biggest ceramic bowl - its huge - yet he still manages to fling it some way - it must hurt his teeth!

Julie has a very heavy ceramic dog bowl for this very reason but can sometimes still manage to flip it. She has a small but heavy ceramic bowl for water and loves to flip that. She is constantly soaking wet. She loves to push the water bowl across the kitchen then flips in on it's side when it ends up in her way and rolls it across the ceramic tiles. It is very loud.

Lola pushes hers but gives up. Donny chucked his everywhere.. so he has a plastic dog bowl to do with what he pleases :lol:

Carrot throws her bowl down the ramp in her double hutch when it is empty (about 5 nanoseconds after I put it in :roll:) as if in disgust that its all gone. If I put it in the bottom she throws it around and off the sides of the hutch till I get fed up of hearing it and take it away. :love:

Back