• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Oxfordshire Bonding

mistysmamma

Young Bun
Hi

I have 2 rabbits both girls and need help bonding them. I'm prepared to pay - I've tried really hard following all the advice on neutral territory etc.
I'm just tooo scared they will hurt each other - they have been put together a few times. no serious damage has been done but there is some nipping and fur flying occasioanlly. I feel bad that i'm so hopeless due to my fear of them hurting each other - I love them both so much!
Please is there anyone with experience that could help who lives local to Witney in Oxfordshire. I've asked at local adoption centres and the blue cross to no avail.

Hi

I have 2 rabbits both girls and need help bonding them. I'm prepared to pay - I've tried really hard following all the advice on neutral territory etc.
I'm just tooo scared they will hurt each other - they have been put together a few times. no serious damage has been done but there is some nipping and fur flying occasioanlly. I feel bad that i'm so hopeless due to my fear of them hurting each other - I love them both so much!
Please is there anyone with experience that could help who lives local to Witney in Oxfordshire. I've asked at local adoption centres and the blue cross to no avail.

Hi :wave:
i live in oxford and i have had absolutly no luck with fidning any1 to help me! 1 perosn got bonding and boarding confused!!
i have decided to go it alone and just follow advice on here, sorry I couldnt have been more help, if i do manage to find a company will let you know

Do you have a friend who might be able to help you do it at home? I'm in Oxfordshire but don't drive, I managed it at home with the slow dating method. We put them in the bath and used thick gloves. It's scary stuff though!

Which Blue Cross did you speak to? I speak to the small animals person at the Burford one quite regularly, maybe she will know of somewhere if they can't help?

Do you have a friend who might be able to help you do it at home? I'm in Oxfordshire but don't drive, I managed it at home with the slow dating method. We put them in the bath and used thick gloves. It's scary stuff though!

Which Blue Cross did you speak to? I speak to the small animals person at the Burford one quite regularly, maybe she will know of somewhere if they can't help?

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Yes i have spoken to the blue Cross at Burford a couple of times when i visited. I guess the problem is that i know how to do it but get scared! Are your rabbits girls or boys or both. I'm more than happy to fetch you to my house to help me if thats a possibility?

Hi :wave:
i live in oxford and i have had absolutly no luck with fidning any1 to help me! 1 perosn got bonding and boarding confused!!
i have decided to go it alone and just follow advice on here, sorry I couldnt have been more help, if i do manage to find a company will let you know

Thanks for your reply Kerry good luck on giving it a go on your own

I am also in the same position! mine are currently seperated in different parts of the house, but we've built a new house outside for them so will attempt bonding when it's warmer and they can go out.

I am from and work in Witney, but live in Carterton, there's a few of us quite local to each other!

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Yes i have spoken to the blue Cross at Burford a couple of times when i visited. I guess the problem is that i know how to do it but get scared! Are your rabbits girls or boys or both. I'm more than happy to fetch you to my house to help me if thats a possibility?

I have a boy and a girl. I'm having a bit of a hectic time at the mo sorry, but from the sounds of it all you need is the confidence to go for it! It's scary but well worth it, just be prepared and you'll be fine. I started off using the bath for the first few dates, it was easy to separate them and completely neutral.

I am also in the same position! mine are currently seperated in different parts of the house, but we've built a new house outside for them so will attempt bonding when it's warmer and they can go out.

I am from and work in Witney, but live in Carterton, there's a few of us quite local to each other!

Nice to see some fellow Oxfordshire people about :thumb:

am in oxfordshire,too :) i have absolutely no experience of bonding though, sorry, just wanted to say hi to you all:wave:

Hi all,

Did you have any luck finding anyone in Oxfordshire who can help with bonding?

I live in Oxford too and am struggling with bonding my two rabbits.

Back