• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding rabbits

I've just seen your other thread about bonding. Sky-O has given you very good advice on that which I hope you find helpful.

Both rabbits should be neutered.

If not, not only will it be harder to bond them, but more things are likely to go wrong and they are also more likely to fall out at a later stage - and possibly never be able to be rebonded because of it. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Male rabbits can usually be neutered as soon as their balls drop, so around 12 weeks, then you'll want to wait at least 6-8 weeks or more before bonding, so that hormones have a chance to die down.

It would be exceptionally unfair on the female to not have the boy neutered, and also unfair on the boy too. You would also increase your likelihood of fights.

Have you read the info I directed you towards?

All of my bonded bunnies have been neutered beforehand. It is so much fairer to both bunnies.

Best of luck.:thumb:

Back