• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newly bonded trio - fur pulling issue

SianD

Warren Scout
:wave:

I recently bonded Freddy to my existing pair, Pebbles and Roxy (all neutered). They have been in their set up for a month now and all has been well, however, once or twice a week I have noticed a few small clumps of Freddy's fluff in the run...I'm assuming that a little bit of chasing is going on every now and then...I have never seen it. Have checked Freddy over and there are no wounds or bald patches.

Is it a bad sign that fur pulling is happening on a weekly basis? :? would you be concerned?

I think whether or not I would be concerned would depend on what was triggering it and how the chasee reacted.

My pair Sandy and Roger chase, and he pulls her fur, but only at food time and she isn't fussed at all. they have been together two years in May and it's a standard part of their relationship. That said, in a bonding where it was happening and the chasee wasn't cping and was scared then I would be very worried.

How does Freddy seem? Has his behaviour changed?

Do you have any idea what might trigger it?

Back