• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to line hutch with & paint inside with?

Livi

Alpha Buck
Not posted here in a while as have been so busy, but am after some advice please :wave:

Pip & Rusty have a 6 x 2 Double Storey Hutch as their base, I bought it from Cumfy Pets, and its not exactly great quality overall but its still no where near ready to replace.

They have slightly knawed at and scratched the inside of the hutch in places, so I would like to ideally line it with some thinner sheets of wood. What would be best to use?

I need to re-paint the Black Hutch Floor and also will want to paint the newly lined walls. What paint is best to use? I want it to be easy to wipe clean (floor & walls) but obviously not too slippery (on the floor?).

Thank you x

Plywood for lining and line the floor with Lino perhaps?

You can paint with a animal safe paint, such as Cuprinol Garden Shades, or Wilkinson's do a own brand very similar.

Plywood for lining and line the floor with Lino perhaps?

You can paint with a animal safe paint, such as Cuprinol Garden Shades, or Wilkinson's do a own brand very similar.

This :thumb: I use their own 'Willow' shade which is most agreeable ;):lol: Fine inside & out:
BouncersnewhutchMay2011.jpg

Lino (non slip) on the floor with carpet mat samples/washable door mats for warmth & texture :wave:
BouncersnewhutchMay2011003.jpg

Thanks all - Wheres the cheapest place to by 2msq of non slip lino?

Carpet shops or even worth asking on freecycle ;) If a carpet shop it's a good idea to call in advance & explain what you'd like, what you need it for and that you're not fussy about colour etc (unless you are!). I've found that calling in advance makes a big difference & you sometimes end up with something for nothing :D

Back