• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stretching Out

GingerNinja

Young Bun
I need some reassurance because my bunny has changed a bit in the weeks since I have gotten him. Now I expected it because he came from a very stressful environment at only six weeks old, so was much more reserved and alert when he was first here. Since he's settled in he's been lovely, coming for strokes and cuddles, jumping around like a lunatic when he's out and playing, and grooming the other two rabbits and snuggling with them too. He has a lovely personality, but he keeps scaring the heck out of me, stretching out and rolling in his litter tray then going to sleep stretched right out. Thing is he looks blooming dead to me and I keep checking him to see if he's still breathing, and if I talk to him and wake him he's his normal perky self and comes to the bars for a kiss.

I thought they slept with one eye open, is it normal to be so relaxed or am I missing something?

He's about nine weeks now, maybe ten actually.

I think it sounds like your bunny is just very relaxed in your company; you should be pleased as you're obviously doing all the right things and he feels safe enough to flop right out. :love::D

That would be known, for obvious reasons, as a 'dead bunny flop'. Which, contrary to what it looks like, is a sign of complete bliss, safety and comfort.

Good job! (you don't get used to the heart failure aspect of it though when you see it).

Yay. He is such an easy rabbit to care for, so I can only take partial credit for his relaxed state of mind.

Cody on the other hand sleeps with his butt in the corner of the cage, both eyes open, ready to run at any minute. Love that their personalities are so different, they are like my own children, chalk and cheese.

Snowy on the other hand is just a cat in rabbit's clothing. I swear he purrs.

Orinoco did that the day we brought him home, he put the fear of god in me. Angie (BARC) had forgotten to warn me that he did that. :lol:

Back