• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Does there 'voice' change? diff buzzing noise!?

kat031181

Alpha Buck
Smudge has always made that buzzy noise when you put his food down or the first time he sees u in the morning but noticed over the last couple of days the noise has changed its higher pitched almost squeaky.

He isnt wheezing and eyes and nose are clear and clean and its not everytime he runs or moves around its def his buzzy noise has changed, obviously il watch him but he isnt unwelll in anyway just wondered if erm could his voice be breaking! he is neutered and is about 18months old

Pre-neuter, Biccy had different 'honks' - one for sexual excitement, normally when circling my legs, and one for 'general excitement' - which was food, and play time :)

Oh bless maybe hes just trying something new then just a very strange squeak! Thought at first maybe he had a sore thought but he seems his normal self oh well il just watch him and try not to laugh at him x

:wave:My bun changed honks so it sounded more like a quack when he got very excited too.
I was also quite alarmed at 1st. & also had to restrain my laughter when I realised what it was about.

Bella has a few different honks :lol: Some of them are quite high-pitched. When she's hormonal she often makes a whimpering type of noise when Boris approaches, I think she's either asking him to mate with her :lol: Or telling him to be careful, not chase her etc. Maybe both. I'm not sure how to interpret it!

Glad its not just me im such a worrier! any change makes my mind race ..... havent heard anything today sounded almost his normal buzzy noise...... maybe he did have a sore throat?!!!! All being well his wifey is coming home with us on the 14th so guess i might have to get used to some squeaky excitable noises!

Thank you for replying:love:

Back