• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Care Sheets

Lobo

Mama Doe
In the past I helped our bunny vet prepare a folder on rabbit care, kept in the clinic waiting room for people to look through whilst waiting for a consultation. My contribution was on typical diet. I also assisted with another for bluetongue skink on a forum. With both these we found pictures to be of the most benefit.

Currently I have been helping to prepare a caresheet for a parrot rescue for potential Eclectus parrot rescuers, carers and fosterers because of the bird's rather unique dietary needs. It may be of interest. Note: this is only appropriate for this species of parrot.

It is a lot of food for one medium sized parrot.

DSCF2251CR1.jpg

First course is mainly grain or pulses and vegetable with passionfruit containing a few mostly mineral supplements.
Fruit is given separately after as they like to pick it up and hold with their foot to eat.

DSCF2253CR1.jpg

Someone said in reference to their table manners that Eclectus are a hybrid between a pig and a bird.
The aftermath.

DSCF2255CR1.jpg

The messy one, Aoife.

DSCF2258CR1.jpg

ETA should have put it in Stories and Photos. Maybe a mod can move it.

Last edited:
Aoife is gorgeous. :love:

Is that food just for one day? I had to chuckle at the aftermath photo too!

Thanks for moving the thread.

That was just breakfast!:shock:

She has another the same in the evening with different fruit.:D

Back