• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hera 29.12.11

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
DSC02812.jpg

Hera you have left a great hole in my heart. Can't believe we have had to say goodbye.
I love and miss you so much.
Run free baby xxx

Oh no - am so sorry to read this. Hera was beautiful - a gorgeous bunny. :(

So very sorry. Sending tons of hugs to you xx

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts - non-rabbity people don't truly understand the grief of losing such beautiful creatures.:(

Hera had a problem with the top of her spine, that was being really well managed on steroids and tramadol, but she deteriorated really quickly in the last few weeks. I cried for her every single day for the last 8 weeks of her life, as I knew she was on borrowed time, and I could see her deteriorate to the point that I knew the decision would have to come.

From the head up she was still happy, gorgeous Hera, munching her favourite herbs only hours before we had to let her go, but the rest of her body had given up the fight. The vet has been brilliant, so in some way I draw comfort from the fact that she felt it kindest to let her go too, although I already knew that in my heart:(

I have had a silver heart engraved with her name, and that has arrived this morning, so I can carry her around with me all the time, and in the spring I will sort out something nice to put on her grave.

Back