• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy has been spayed!!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Had to take the collar off... she couldn't even walk :( and couldn't get to her pellets so have taken it off. We are watching her and don't think she can reach properly, she just licks by there :? we stop her anyway. We have to take her back to 2 weeks so they can look at/take out? her stitches, it isn't glue :? but she's happy in herself :) Hasn't eaten or pooped.. just drank and wee wee'd :( Just keeping an eye on her now :)

IMAG0435.jpg

386553_2898696666977_1247194459_33175121_2007918523_n.jpg

Ahh bless her. Vibes for a quick recovery.

Is there a particular reason she has a collar? I dont think its a norm after a spay.

Glad she is home safely. I hope she has a speedy and straightforward recovery.

I took Ada's collar off as it was distressing her too much. The bandage seems to distract her from chewing the stitches - she chews it instead. But I try to discourage that too by clapping whenever I see her chewing the bandage. Want her to eat as little of it as possible.

Ahh bless her. Vibes for a quick recovery.

Is there a particular reason she has a collar? I dont think its a norm after a spay.

They didn't say :? They haven't used glue on the outside so I thought it was to stop her chewing stitches but she doesn't chew anything lol. I don't even think she can reach watching her. She still hasn't eaten :( hopefully she will soon or later one :(

Glad she got through it ok :) was thinking of her today!

They had to put a collar on my poppy after her spay as she was tinkering with her wound but they took it off after 6 hours or so as she wasnt happy with it at all.

Fingers crossed she starts eating and pooping very soon :thumb:

They didn't say :? They haven't used glue on the outside so I thought it was to stop her chewing stitches but she doesn't chew anything lol. I don't even think she can reach watching her. She still hasn't eaten :( hopefully she will soon or later one :(

Try not to worry too much, it took my Poppy over 48 hours to really eat anything. I hope she does start nomming soon.x.x.

Thanks everyone :wave: I do love RU peoples putting my mind to rest on things :lol: Poppy has eaten bit of her egg biscuit so we're getting there! :D we think she is just feeling a bit groggy still :)

Keeping up vibes for her. I think some buns take longer than others to recover. Alittle nibble of her biscuit is a step in the right direction. xx

Back