• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Shop

Alicia

Mama Doe
I went christmas shopping today and I found a pet shop so I went in to try and find some things for the animals for christmas and I didn't realize they sold animals there.
I saw a dwarf lop (and it was quite a big rabbit too) in a tiny hutch, it couldn't have been any longer than 3ft and it had no height at all, the rabbit could just about sit, it couldn't jump or stand up on its back legs.
There was even a notice up saying 'ask about small pet boarding' :censored:
I was annoyed at that but the next thing I saw annoyed me even more. There were two 10 week old kittens in a small guinea-pig cage. The notice on the side said 'We are 2 ten week old male kittens, please give us a home because we hate being in this cage' :evil: They were at the bars just staring at me :cry: I wish I could have helped them. They must have been difficult to sell because the price was crossed out two times and a lower price had been written on. They just kept staring at me and I wanted to do something so much but there wasn't anything I could do. I couldn't buy them (and wouldn't want to give that pet shop money anyway)
I was just shocked at seeing 2 kittens in a tiny cage like that, that can't be normal, can it? Or do other pet shops do this?
I can't even remember the name of the shop and it's quite far away from me and I don't go there often so I can't even go back and find out :(
As I walked out I saw 2 baby rabbits in a tiny cage in the shop window, and they were so small, they didn't look old enough to be away from their mum :cry:
I didn't buy anything, I'm definetly not giving any money to a shop like that.

I went christmas shopping today and I found a pet shop so I went in to try and find some things for the animals for christmas and I didn't realize they sold animals there.
I saw a dwarf lop (and it was quite a big rabbit too) in a tiny hutch, it couldn't have been any longer than 3ft and it had no height at all, the rabbit could just about sit, it couldn't jump or stand up on its back legs.
There was even a notice up saying 'ask about small pet boarding' :censored:
I was annoyed at that but the next thing I saw annoyed me even more. There were two 10 week old kittens in a small guinea-pig cage. The notice on the side said 'We are 2 ten week old male kittens, please give us a home because we hate being in this cage' :evil: They were at the bars just staring at me :cry: I wish I could have helped them. They must have been difficult to sell because the price was crossed out two times and a lower price had been written on. They just kept staring at me and I wanted to do something so much but there wasn't anything I could do. I couldn't buy them (and wouldn't want to give that pet shop money anyway)
I was just shocked at seeing 2 kittens in a tiny cage like that, that can't be normal, can it? Or do other pet shops do this?
I can't even remember the name of the shop and it's quite far away from me and I don't go there often so I can't even go back and find out :(
As I walked out I saw 2 baby rabbits in a tiny cage in the shop window, and they were so small, they didn't look old enough to be away from their mum :cry:

I didn't buy anything, I'm definetly not giving any money to a shop like that.

That's awful. It's why I never ever go in petshops that sell livestock.

Out of interest did you tell them that you were walking out without buying anything? I do think that the more people that actually tell shops why they won't shop there the more likely they will do something. If they don't know they won't give it a second thought. Of course some won't give a stuff anyway, but the more people that speak up, then you never know.

Maybe worth trying to find it on googleearth and see the name of it, maybe write to them too? Might make a difference.:)

Out of interest how much were the kittens? I think you can stil legally sell kittens in a pet shop.

They were £65, then reduced to £60, and reduced to £40. Poor little cats :( They were just staring at me through the bars :cry:

Last edited:
That's awful. It's why I never ever go in petshops that sell livestock.

Out of interest did you tell them that you were walking out without buying anything? I do think that the more people that actually tell shops why they won't shop there the more likely they will do something. If they don't know they won't give it a second thought. Of course some won't give a stuff anyway, but the more people that speak up, then you never know.

Maybe worth trying to find it on googleearth and see the name of it, maybe write to them too? Might make a difference.:)

No I didn't, I wish I had now :( I'm going to look on google earth to try and find them again tomorrow

Back