• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introduction

jay00

New Kit
Hi there.

My name is Jamie and I found this forum looking for help and advice.

I am here on behalf of my girlfriend who passed away recently. She was a huge lover of animals but most of all, rabbits were her favourite (I genuinely can't explain the happiness that they brought to her face). And, had she have known that this forum existed, I'm sure she would have been here in an instant.

In tribute to her, I have 2 main goals:

• Short term - I intend to volunteer at a local rescue center for pets (specifically rabbits, if such a thing exists locally) in order for me to gain some experience of looking after animals and understanding what it takes to run such a rescue center.
  • Long term - In the long term, I hope that I will be able to set-up and run my own rescue center for rabbits in the local area.

Unfortunately I have no experience looking after animals or running my own shelter or anything of the like, which is why you can see that I have the separation of gaining experience before diving right in and falling flat on my face. Specifically, I am here to read and understand what it takes to take on something like this and to find help and advice from people who may have done similar things before and, perhaps, to actually find out the feasibility of starting a rescue center in the long term (whether that's in 2 years, 5 years or 10 years from now).

I'm sorry if this sounds a little far-fetched or even a little confusing. At the moment this is an idea that is immature and a long way off being fully developed.

So I guess what's left to say, is that I hope I will be able to fit into the community, find information and even share my experiences with you.

Many Thanks.

Welcome to RU, Im sorry to hear of your loss :(

I agree with Webble, have a search for your local rabbit rescue, there's plenty out there! What you're doing is such a wonderful thing, Im sure your girlfriend would of been proud

Hello and welcome! :wave:

I'm so sorry for your loss :cry: What a wonderful way to honour your girlfriend :love: I'm sure you'll find lots of info on here that will help you xx

Thank you for the kind words of both welcome and sympathy.

I have already been browsing the forum and have found some incredibly useful information, even as a starting point.

I have looked at the Rabbit Rehome website, though it looks like a few of the websites for my location no longer exist, my hope is that the e-mail addresses are still alive.

Many Thanks

Im sure you'll have seen the rescue manual section by now but lots of info in there. Welcome to the forum. Sorry it is under such sad circumstances.

Welcome to RU :) i'm sure you will find loads of useful, interesting info to help you along the journey as well as friendly people to chat to :wave:

hello jamie,

i'm so sorry to hear about your girlfriend but its a lovely tribute to her that you want to help rescue bunnies:)

Welcome :wave:

I'm sorry about your girlfriend. What a lovely idea. I can't help myself but I'm sure if you stick around you'll pick up lots of info from owners and rescues alike.

Back