• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free rabbits

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Is it possible to say you will have any bunnies that are advertised on freecycle and then take them to a rehoming centre ? Someone tried selling some on freecycle for a tenner each then was giving them away free but to good homes only not rescue centres. Her last posting was asking for advice as they were obviously getting older and she still had them all. I contacted her and so did a team member from here but we had no response surprise surprise. Suggestions would be great .

please don't take any rabbits in expecting rescues to then take them from you , most decent rescues are full to bursting and cannot pick up the huge number of free ad rabbits.
You could e mail her a list of rescues local to her and ask her to get in touch with them to see if they can help her

please don't take any rabbits in expecting rescues to then take them from you , most decent rescues are full to bursting and cannot pick up the huge number of free ad rabbits.
You could e mail her a list of rescues local to her and ask her to get in touch with them to see if they can help her
don t worry i had no plans too, i just wondered if this was something that could be done . As i mentioned in my other post one of the volunteer team from here contacted her and i had already given her rescue centre names but some people just don t seem to want to take advice !

I am on the Free Ads Team and I email about 10 people a day who are trying to rehome rabbits for free. I rarely get a response. If you have contacted the person more than once with no success I wouldn't bother again, otherwise it might seem like we are harassing them. All we can do is contact and hope that they do the right thing. I agree though it is frustrating when there are so many unwanted buns out there.

Back