• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

They are booked in... Questions!!

megansmummy

Mama Doe
My girls are going to be spayed next tuesday...im absolutly terrified. The vet I spoke to was lovely..its the vets we used to use in another town before we moved. They have to be in at 9am and then Im picking them up the next day. I have opted for them to stay overnight since we dont have anywhere indoors where we can keep them and I was worried sick about them going out in the hutch. So thats that... :? I know im doing the right thing but im so worried :( Lets hope they dont fight before then!!

I asked for them to be kept together after the ops and they said they could put them in one of their large kennels. Im doing the right thing arnt I?

They live in a 2 story hutch so when they come home I know they wont be able to use the ramp...has anyone thats gone through this got any advice on which way is best to block off the ramp? Their bedroom is upstairs so i think it would be better to put them up there so they can keep warm but I need some ideas on blocking the hole for the ramp? I have their snugglesafes at the ready (one each) and lots of their fav foods so fingers crossed this goes smoothly!!

Last edited:
Do you have a flat bit of wood you can cover the hole with?

That's what I was going to say! We were going to do just that and perhaps buy a piece of plywood to cover the whole of the upper floor (obviously not the bed chamber) but you need to make sure that if you only cover the hole and then they step on the wood, that they and the wood aren't going to fall through i.e. the bigger the piece of wood, the better.

Back