• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How would i join these...

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
my dad has finally given in and i am going to hopefully be buying these wen we move.

0e41c2a8-1fa6-42ec-8fa2-e4dd55772bc5.jpg

External size H132, W128, D130cm

KGrHqEOKnE5tQrI1CBBOmSLQHM9w60_3.jpg

6ft x 4ft

so i wanted to ask is this good enough and how would you attach them to each other :D

I would go for a slightly bigger run, as it is it is very nearly, but not quite rwa size. 8x4ft runs are easy to find on ebay etc as they are the new reccommended size. If you got a 8x4 run that setup would be great!

You could attach the run to the playhouse using a catflap or a runaround pop hole. I would either undermesh the run under the grass or put it on paving slabs so predators cant dig in and bunnies cant dig out. Then she could go in it whenever she liked :)

You could attach the run to the playhouse using a catflap or a runaround pop hole. I would either undermesh the run under the grass or put it on paving slabs so predators cant dig in and bunnies cant dig out. Then she could go in it whenever she liked :)

:thumb:

Runaround also do tunnels so if you wanted a slight gap between playhouse and run then that's another option.

They look good, and will be nice to look at in the garden too!

I have my hutch permanently attached to my run with a very simple idea - my boyfriend used a jigsaw to cut a rabbit sized hole in the side of the hutch, and made a sliding door by fixing on 3 pieces of wood like a square with a side missing, and slotting a door sized piece in. You can kind of see it in this picture:

I have a different run now, but we just matched the doors up. I guess you'd have to ask someone to jigsaw a hole in the wooden end of your run to match :) I open and close my hutch door through the top of the run, which lifts up, but if your doesn't, you could attach a longer piece of wood to pull the sliding door open and closed from above. I'm not sure if I've explained that very well...

I would go for a slightly bigger run, as it is it is very nearly, but not quite rwa size. 8x4ft runs are easy to find on ebay etc as they are the new reccommended size. If you got a 8x4 run that setup would be great!

Undermeshing is a good idea, I've done that to mine since I took that picture and extended the run. Now Finx and Tango spend all day going in and out, and still get to eat the grass :)

Im sure the 6ft x 4ft run will be fine. Thats what mine have and they are happy!

If you want it permenently attached you will want it on slabs or woodchips You can just take a panel off and screw it directly to the playhouse. Then you can attach a cat flap.

Im sure the 6ft x 4ft run will be fine. Thats what mine have and they are happy!

If you want it permenently attached you will want it on slabs or woodchips You can just take a panel off and screw it directly to the playhouse. Then you can attach a cat flap.

It is fine if you want to keep your setup, and I'm sure your buns are happy in it and I know it met the rwa guidlines when it was bought. But I don't think that size should be reccommended to new impressionable owners when it doesnt meet the current rwa guidlines. We also don't know whether Stumpy's rabbit will ever get time out of her setup, like free-ranging, some people just arent able to do this for safety reasons, so should have a longer setup so the rabbits can really stretch their legs. The minimum reccommended sizes are just that, a minimum, so we should be encouraging people to get bigger setups than the minimum, not smaller. I'm sure if you had to buy a new setup in the future you would match it to whatever the minimum reccommended standards are then.

It is fine if you want to keep your setup, and I'm sure your buns are happy in it and I know it met the rwa guidlines when it was bought. But I don't think that size should be reccommended to new impressionable owners when it doesnt meet the current rwa guidlines. We also don't know whether Stumpy's rabbit will ever get time out of her setup, like free-ranging, some people just arent able to do this for safety reasons, so should have a longer setup so the rabbits can really stretch their legs. The minimum reccommended sizes are just that, a minimum, so we should be encouraging people to get bigger setups than the minimum, not smaller. I'm sure if you had to buy a new setup in the future you would match it to whatever the minimum reccommended standards are then.

I would love to give my rabbits a bigger run, but there isn't enough room unfortunately. Plus the OP only has 1 rabbit.

i do only have 1 rabbit and the most i will ever have is 2. im not sure if i could get another one now anyway, i also wont have any more room this is the max i can give my rabbit x

i do only have 1 rabbit and the most i will ever have is 2. im not sure if i could get another one now anyway, i also wont have any more room this is the max i can give my rabbit x

can you not stretch another 30cm? That would take you to a good size.

Please help again...

so my play house came but when trying to build it its not going together securely and im not happy its safe enough for Whisky. so dad said we will just have to go out and buy a new hutch for her. so what one is big enough again so i don't mess up again very upset at the moment :cry:

so my play house came but when trying to build it its not going together securely and im not happy its safe enough for Whisky. so dad said we will just have to go out and buy a new hutch for her. so what one is big enough again so i don't mess up again very upset at the moment :cry:

I'd complain to the company if that's the case, it's not fair you've paid for that and it's not secure, I mean playhouses are designed primarily for young kids they should be secure :(

I'd complain to the company if that's the case, it's not fair you've paid for that and it's not secure, I mean playhouses are designed primarily for young kids they should be secure :(

im just going to re sale it as for a play house for children it would be fine but just don't feel safe enough for the rabbit especially where we live x

If you want to keep it then there may be a way (depending what is wrong) of altering it so it is safer?

Or someone could reccommend you a good playhouse?

Or you could get a shed or hutch. The only thing with the hutches is that with a shed or playhouse you can spend more time in there, even when it is raining, which is important as she is a single bunny, so she'll have a little company at least, whereas with a hutch I doubt you'll stand there in the pouring rain for long! I do not envy you outdoor bunny owners in winter!

I cant reccommend a hutch from personal experience, but the size you should be looking for is 6x2 hutch attached to a 4x8 run, but a 6x6 run would give a little more space but be easier to attach. If you can get a hutch that sits on top of the run, and get them at the same time, you'll save money and space.

If you want to keep it then there may be a way (depending what is wrong) of altering it so it is safer?

Or someone could reccommend you a good playhouse?

Or you could get a shed or hutch. The only thing with the hutches is that with a shed or playhouse you can spend more time in there, even when it is raining, which is important as she is a single bunny, so she'll have a little company at least, whereas with a hutch I doubt you'll stand there in the pouring rain for long! I do not envy you outdoor bunny owners in winter!

I cant reccommend a hutch from personal experience, but the size you should be looking for is 6x2 hutch attached to a 4x8 run, but a 6x6 run would give a little more space but be easier to attach. If you can get a hutch that sits on top of the run, and get them at the same time, you'll save money and space.

i have seen one in the range. there is the hutch bit and then the run under it and i still have the other run so dad is going to attach this and another so she will have loads of run space on paving slabs and the safe hutch bit above her x

I am so sorry the playhouse hasn't lived up to your expectations. If you have room, a small shed would mean that you can go in and sit with her and clean her out in the dry. Is there no way you could get some extra wood and big decking screws to use to improve the playhouse? Even if there was an extra straight piece in each corner that the sides could be screwed into?

I hope you get something sorted. You're doing really well improving things for her.:wave:

i have seen one in the range. there is the hutch bit and then the run under it and i still have the other run so dad is going to attach this and another so she will have loads of run space on paving slabs and the safe hutch bit above her x

How big is it? I've never been there but have seen lots of people say that their hutches are way too small... A 6 foot hutch is around 180cm long.

Back