• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going to change the run flooring

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hey

Over the weekend, I plan to change the run flooring from hay to Megazorb. It should hopefully help Molly's hocks some more as it'll be much softer and should be like walking on snow (only it will be dry and warm). It'll also be much easier to keep clean. :D I've first got to get some skirting board to put around the bottom of the run panels to stop the megazorb falling out through the wire. And then I've got about 3 bags of Megazorb to make a 5cm layer on a 35sqft floor.

That sounds like a good plan. These http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9276677&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372012}/categories%3C{9372019}/categories%3C{9372069}/categories%3C{9572017}/specificationsProductType=gravel_board would be cheaper than proper skirting board :wave:

Got some skirting board for £10 to fit all the way around the base. We put some pins against the board so that it stayed against the wire. We also put some supports along the 5ft side because it had started to bow due to the weight of the roof. Going to change the hay over to the megazorb tomorrow.

One of the supports:
DSCF15561.jpg

One of the 7ft sides:
DSCF15581.jpg

The other 5ft side:
DSCF15591.jpg

I meant to ask...did you make that cover for your run? I love how it has sides that you can put down too! :thumb: I need a run cover so if you did buy it somewhere could you let me know where please? :)

I meant to ask...did you make that cover for your run? I love how it has sides that you can put down too! :thumb: I need a run cover so if you did buy it somewhere could you let me know where please? :)

yep, we bought a 5ft x 5ft run cover (to fit my old run) from this guy:

http://www.therabbithouse.com/outdoor/rabbit-hutch-covers.asp?cover=91

and this is his email address to ask for a quote:

cabj.design@hotmail.co.uk

When I got this run, its 7ft x 5ft so cut the top of the cover off and just nailed the side flaps around the run. It's fantastic, had it around 3 years now and the plastic is still going strong.

Changed it over today. Looks quite good and the bunnies are in right now. They seemed a bit irritated by it at first, flicking their paws and digging and pushing the litter around, but then they did some binkies and settled down to eat some hay. :D

DSCF15711.jpg

DSCF15721.jpg

Looks great! I hope it helps Molly's hocks!:D
And I just wanted to say that I think you're a really inspirational bunny owner, you put so much effort and thought into making things as good as they can be for your bunnies. Milly and Molly are very lucky to have such a dedicated owner. :love:

Looks great! I hope it helps Molly's hocks!:D
And I just wanted to say that I think you're a really inspirational bunny owner, you put so much effort and thought into making things as good as they can be for your bunnies. Milly and Molly are very lucky to have such a dedicated owner. :love:

aww thanks so much. :D That's a really lovely thing to say.

Doesn't that look cute. I'd just keep an eye out they don't start eating it as I think that's one thing that contributed to Smudge's stasis.

Doesn't that look cute. I'd just keep an eye out they don't start eating it as I think that's one thing that contributed to Smudge's stasis.

thanks. I have used Megazorb as a litter for around 2 years now and they have never chewed it, but thanks for the suggestion. :D

Back