• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel like I have MADe big mistake

shakiraminilop

Warren Scout
I cant sleep thinking if this I worst mistake ever I bought a nethie for shakira to av a mate she has been done etc and is 1 year old I wanna cry as I didn't wash my hands from him and was first time she has ever bitten me makes me so sad that this is changing her . I am waiting til he is done but in the mean time shakira knows she is not the only baby now and is acting very strange i will have to change my clothes and scrub my hands everytime I c her I feel so poorly over it as I dnt want to upset her . It tool a lot ov nagging to get my mum to let me have a rabbit and I managed to get another has neone else rabbit reli changed with another one in the house x

What you need to remember is that it is only temporary.

Dont rush the bonding because of this, you need to get prepared properly. The unsettled behaviour will settle a little when they get used to each others smells on you. But take it easy, and wait the full 2 months after the neuter/spay before you introduce them.

I have 3 rabbits - Lucky and Daisy (who were bonded for me by Windwhistle Warren rescue) - and then i introduced Lilly. She lived in the dining room until after her spay and it made Daisy a little mad. She used to sneak into the house to look for her :lol:

Getting a friend for your bunny is very kind and you are doing the best for your bunny by giving her a friend but the next 2-3 months is not going to be easy BUT it will be more than worth it in the end. :love:

Best of luck xx

This is perfectly EXPECTED behaviour.

YOu are Shakira's Territory. You smell of somebun else. She's reacting out of complete normality. She's confused, you smell of another bunny, why do you smell of another bunny, why is my area smelling of another bunny? That's how she's thinking.

Someone else is intruding on her territory.

You need to not worry about this, see to your hand (make sure you get it fully washed and get some cream on if necessary) and just move on. This isn't how she will react forever.

Unfortunately, you made a snap decision by purchasing a bun, it wasn't something you fully thought out, but thats okay, everyone makes mistakes, it's just up to you to make right on them :)

Yes perhaps you didnt do it all properly, but you did it with the best intentions for shakira. Just learn from this and move on :)

As others have said, one you have everything ready and they are bonded she will hopefully stop attacking you for smelling of another rabbit. It will be best for her in the long run to have a partner, you just need to get through this tough time first!

i really hope it works lady in pet shop its not likely they will b mates :( made my heart hurt x

That's because pet shop staff usually don't know what on earth they are talking about.

Even my mum who has had rabbits for years and years thought I was making a huge mistake when I got Bubbles from a rescue in order to bond her with Snowball. She thought that having Bubbles would make Snowball vicious and that they would just fight. And it isn't like she doesn't know about rabbits, she just never had access to the right information.

If you take it slow and prepare, then bond them properly, everything should go ok :)

i really hope it works lady in pet shop its not likely they will b mates :( made my heart hurt x

Petshops know nothing at all. Honestly, most are beyond useless.
Do it properly with them both neutered and healed, and on neutral terriroty and it's got the same chance of working as any bond :) You may hear of failed ones on here but the majority are a success

Back