• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aggressive Lion :(

nessar

Warren Veteran
Thank you for that advice. I don't think we will get her spayed though. Mum won't take her to the vets because she's ''just a rabbit'' in her eyes. If i could drive, I would. But I can't as i'm 15.

I dont drive and I take my rabbits to the vets :) I get a taxi, or walk with them, or bribe someone I know to take me by making them dinner after.

When I was younger I would save up my pocket money and money from my job to buy some of the medicine that my parents didnt think my dog needed, stuff for his arthiritus.

I dont drive and I take my rabbits to the vets :) I get a taxi, or walk with them, or bribe someone I know to take me by making them dinner after.

When I was younger I would save up my pocket money and money from my job to buy some of the medicine that my parents didnt think my dog needed, stuff for his arthiritus.

Aww thats sweet :) The thing is my mum just thinks Snowy is ''Just a rabbit'' Which is annoying. So she won't let me get her vetted, spayed or anything. :lx

My little girl is a Lionhead, shes about 8 months and spayed, and she does the same thing. She doesn't bite, but she does lunge. I thought she was mad at me for months, because she didn't do it to my husband. Until recently I wore sweats and ugg boots around her because I thought she was going to bite me.

She does growl, but I've also noticed she does it when she's happy too, so I've realized she's just a vocal bun.
The lunging stopped as soon as I started sitting down with her more and giving her more attention. It *was* scary at first, she's nipped me once so I was gun shy, but I just wore sweats and long sleeves and have been working with her more, giving her treats for lap pets and more. (She'll climb to my head if she could for Bananas!)

And as for the home, the only place she doesn't get handled is if she's in her litterbox. I don't ever pick her up unless for nail clips, but she gets pets and I'm in her pen everyday.

My little girl is a Lionhead, shes about 8 months and spayed, and she does the same thing. She doesn't bite, but she does lunge. I thought she was mad at me for months, because she didn't do it to my husband. Until recently I wore sweats and ugg boots around her because I thought she was going to bite me.

She does growl, but I've also noticed she does it when she's happy too, so I've realized she's just a vocal bun.
The lunging stopped as soon as I started sitting down with her more and giving her more attention. It *was* scary at first, she's nipped me once so I was gun shy, but I just wore sweats and long sleeves and have been working with her more, giving her treats for lap pets and more. (She'll climb to my head if she could for Bananas!)

And as for the home, the only place she doesn't get handled is if she's in her litterbox. I don't ever pick her up unless for nail clips, but she gets pets and I'm in her pen everyday.

Have you tried taking her out of her territory, say to a room indoors, and interacting with her there? A lot of problems like this are simply the rabbit defending their territory.

Aww thats sweet :) The thing is my mum just thinks Snowy is ''Just a rabbit'' Which is annoying. So she won't let me get her vetted, spayed or anything. :lx

My Dad doesnt like me spending money on the rabbits either, especially on Barney who has already cost me hundreds in the year I have had him, and his conditions are incurable and ongoing (snuffles and dental spurs), but I just explain that its my money, and unlike most of my generation, I'm spending it on my rabbit rather than on drugs and alcohol. I am making a responsible choice and, as much as he thinks Barney is 'just a rabbit', it is my choice to make. If you pay for things yourself parents seem to be a lot more understanding about vet care, as its not costing them money.

Have you tried taking her out of her territory, say to a room indoors, and interacting with her there? A lot of problems like this are simply the rabbit defending their territory.

Like I said, there is no problem now, she just wanted more attention :)

Back