• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need hutch help...

megansmummy

Mama Doe
I dont think the playhouse/shed idea is going to happen becuase hubby is really not into it and I would need his help witht he DIY...

So i need to be able to buy a hutch ready to go...I need some recomendations please...hoping to rehome 2 rescue buns so it must be big enough for them.

Im making my head sore trying to work out which ones would be ok for two bunnies!! :oops:

You want a 6 for hutch with an attached 8x4 run, either underneath or attached to the hutch with maybe a runaround tube or cat flap.

Unfortunately the minimum requirements have recently changed from a 6x4 run so a lot of hutches with runs underneath are still like that. Maybe a 6 foot hutch with 6x6 run underneath would fit what you wanted?

I'm afraid I haven't bought a hutch for a LONG time so I've no idea what companies to suggest. I believe people have had success with Ryedale who make good sturdy hutches. Be ready to have to outlay some money for a decent hutch, it'll be worth it though. Far better to get a good sturdy hutch and pay a bit for it than buy several badly constructed hutches. :)

Yup, that looks good! I would possibly ask them if the hutch could be at the front of the run to make cleaning out a bit easier but obviously that's up to you.

I can recommend Happy hutches, i ordered from them about 2 maybe 3 years ago and spent quite a lot but my hutch is still standing and has survived all weathers! My partner and his dad put it together for me and neither of them like DIY but they managed so it can't be that hard! :D

I've just ordered a Rydale, they are more expensive but the size is larger and they are built to last. I ordered on good recommendation.

The size was a big factor for me, the apex roof versions with under run, attach say a 6 foot run and you effectively have 8 foot, the depth is good and if you consider the apex can be used as part of the hutch you can get you buns loads of space.

That Rydale hutch linked has a 6x6 run which is great for the buns. Way bigger than the happy hutch.

Last edited:
I have a Ryedale hutch and it really is well builtand well finished off.....built to last!!! Would recommend them to anyone :wave:

I've lined the floor with lino too which makes it very easy to clean out

Back