• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

my toddler just did pee pee in my rabbits face

Fizix

New Kit
I am appalled right now but I guess accidents happen, we are potty training our tot, the rabbits were in the conservatory, tot pee'd we grabbed potty and for reasons unbeknown to me one of the rabbits thought it was a water fountain, jumped under the stream and I dropped potty and pulled rabbit away before mopping up the mess.

While the other half wiped the rabbits face down with a damp clean cloth.

Umm this may be a stupid question but is that enough, should we be worried about the rabbit?

The rabbit doesn't seem too traumatised, he wanted to drink it up, which he didn't.

I have a feeling this might be a thread first :-/

Last edited:
:lol:

Depends whether the wee went into the bunny's eyes or not I should think. If it did, then call a vet. If not, no problem.

Possibly a first yes!
It's usually the other way round, with bunnies flicking wee at their owners (yuck!!!!)
Bunny will be absolutely fine.

Thanks for the reassurance and no worries if it made you laugh I suppose it's different.

It's his eyes I'm worried about actually, Im not sure it if went in his eyes it happened so quick, I was more concentrated on dive bombing to the bun.

Oh the poor little mite, can't have been nice. I'll keep an eye on him, not sure if the vet would appreciate being called out but will call them in the morning I think.

LOL!!!!!!

Sorry this did make me chuckle++++

I would imagine it would be absolutely fine.

How's bun today?

xxxxxx

hehe I can giggle about it now, I felt like a terrible bunny parent last night.

I spoke to the vet today on the phone, you could tell she was smiling over the phone, I guess it's one of those stories lol.

The buns absolutely fine, the vet said to keep an eye on his eyes in case an infection sets in and that while unlikely if he consumed (drank any) that he doesnt get an upset tummy.

The buns happy as a larry though, he always is :)

I bet the vet did chuckle!!!!!
Glad all is well and good luck with the potty training!!!! I think it's a story to tell your toddler when they bring the first boyfriend or girlfriend home to meet you!!!! LOL!!!!

Sorry I have no tips about potty training....I have bunnies instead of kids as they're easier and cheaper (marginally!!!)

I love this story!! Bet the vet had a right giggle when you were off the phone.

The potty training will get there eventually!! Just glad I am past that stage!

Back