• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny mummy!

Chez87

Warren Scout
Hello all! I stumbled across this forum whilst looking for places to buy decent and reasonably priced hay online, so then figured I'd join to gain as much knowledge as possible.

I have two cats and have never owned buns before (well only when I was little!) but I'm bringing home two mini lops (rescue) tomorrow morning, and I'm very excited!!

Welcome to our nutty world.

Its obligatory to put pictures up, so when you have them...

:wave:

Hello. :wave: We've already *met* in the other thread but welcome to the forum.

Did you manage to find some good hay suppliers btw? Lots of us buy bales of hay from a farm shop or horse suppliers as it works out far more economical. Somebody may know somehere in your area... or we can point you in the direction of some good online suppliers if you didn't find any. :)

Hiya! :wave:

Well I have found a couple online, think I will end up mostly using hay for pets as they seem reasonably priced and have lots of recommendations.

I live in Croydon, South London so if anyone knows of anywhere round here that would be great, but I have done a quick bit of googling and can't see anywhere too close!

Hay for Pets is great. I won a huge bag from them in a competition on here and the bunnies loved it. :D It's not a bad price either. There is also the Dust Free Hay co. but I haven't bought from there in a long while.

You could start a new thread called 'Looking for hay bales in Croydon' (or something similar) and local people may be able to point you in the right direction though. :)

Hiya! :wave:

Well I have found a couple online, think I will end up mostly using hay for pets as they seem reasonably priced and have lots of recommendations.

I live in Croydon, South London so if anyone knows of anywhere round here that would be great, but I have done a quick bit of googling and can't see anywhere too close!

Welcome to the forum!!

I'd highly recommend Hay 4 Pets. I buy from there regularly. Its a good price for such great quality hay.

Welcome :wave: Well done for rescuing :thumb:

This is probably a little too far for you but there is a place in Chistlehurst where I get all my supplies. It's called Frogpool Manor. :)

Welcome to the RU :wave:

I've started getting my hay very recently from a farm shop and it's brilliant. :D All 5 of my bunnies can't wait for me to top up their hay mountains and stick their head in and munch away. It's also slightly coarse hay so it's good at making them chew and helps to wear down their teeth so reduces the chances of having dental problems. (As bunny's teeth constantly grow).

Back